Terms & Conditions
Table Of Contents:
LPOD Academy is a booking agency of intensive driving courses – whereby we manage course bookings made by client (nominated pupil of course) and driving instructors to deliver the course. When we refer to the word “pupil” “customer” or “client”- we are on the understanding of course receiver and not course booker (deposit payer). When we refer to driving instructor – we are are on the understanding that course provider is the driving instructor (ADI) that provides the course to the pupil. We are also on the understanding that our driving instructor are self-employed fully qualified driving instructors and are not employed by LPOD Academy. When we refer to the word ‘intensive’ we are of the understanding that an intensive course is a course of driving that is delivered over a short period of time of between 1-6 weeks. Typically on shifts between 2-6 hours depending upon how many course hours have been booked. Please refer to our terms and conditions for further information.
LPOD Academy solely acts as a booking service and puts in place favourable terms and conditions to deliver a course of driving between the customer/client/pupil (the nominated course receiver) and the driving instructor. This enables a smooth transaction of delivery of course to the client (nominated course receiver) and the driving instructor delivering the on-road practical intensive driving course – as per their diary and commitments. When we refer to course receiver – we are on the understanding that they are fully aware (or are made fully aware by the course booker) of these terms and conditions and the course receiver agrees to them in full. In circumstances where the course receiver has not been made aware of these terms and conditions – the original course booker is liable to the terms and conditions and therefor agree to them in full.
NB: When we refer to course booker (payee of deposit & initial contact organiser) we are of the understanding that the course receiver has given full permission to allow the course booker to discuss and arrange specific details on their behalf. We are also on the understanding that if any part of our terms and conditions are not met or agreed to, the course receiver is liable under these terms and conditions and not the course booker. In the eventuality that the course receiver is 17 years old (and not the original course booker) we are on the understanding that the course booker (deposit payer) is solely liable in the eventuality of these terms and conditions not having been met throughout the intensive driving course.
1. General-suitability of intensive driving course
2. Course expectations
2. Course Cancellation
3. Course booking deposit and refunds
4. Course Balance Payment
5. Course Contract
6. Contractual Agreement
8. Driving Retest Policy
9. Driving Test Cancellations
10. Course Booking Confirmation
11. Theory Test Appointments & Course Information
12. Driving Test Bookings & Confirmation
13. Driving Instructors
14. Delivery of course hours
General and suitability
When booking an intensive driving course with LPOD Academy,LPOD Academy forms a contract with the course receiver and the driving instructor for smooth delivery of the course. The course reciever understands and has been made aware of these terms and conditions (by course booker) and agrees to them in full. In the event of the course booked being a surprise gift – the course booker (deposit payer) is responsible for the arrangement of course hours with the nominated driving instructor on behalf of course receiver and therefore agrees to in full these terms and conditions and agrees to the remaining course payment due to the driving instructor 21 days prior to course start date. In the event of the course receiver being made fully aware of the course booking and the course booker has also gained consent from course receiver to act on their behalf. The course booker also agrees to inform course receiver of these terms and conditions and agree to them in full. Once course receiver starts their on-road intensive driving course, or is made aware of these terms and conditions prior to their course- they agree in full to these terms and conditions and are liable to adhere to them. In the eventuality of the course booker not informing course receiver of the intensive driving course, we reserve the right to ensure the course booker (deposit payer) is subject to these terms and conditions. Any payments owing will be chargeable to the course booker.
All driving instructors are self-employed in the UK and are regulated and monitored by the DVSA. LPOD Academy works with driving instructors that provide a niche service of intensive driving courses throughout the UK. When referring to the word intensive, we are on the understanding that the course is conducted over a short period of time. Typically less than 6 weeks. Unless instructed otherwise via email or on the phone. We tailor courses to pupils expectations, situation and commitments. Not one size fits all. Please understand that the information on the website is a sample arrangement of hours and is not solely how we deliver the intensive driving course packages. There are many variables to consider when matching a client to an instructor. Please refer to our course hours section.
LPOD Academy is a booking agency whereby we match pupils with driving instructors for intensive driving course purposes. We act in the interest of the driving instructor and the pupil (the learner driver). The booking deposit is payable on booking a course, whether by phone or via the website. Please await a booking confirmation email to confirm your course booking and specifics of your course. We aim to send a course booking email within 48 hours of course payment of deposit. We reserve the right to 14 days to arrange and match your course to your driving instructor. We also reserve another 7 days for the driving instructor to make contact and arrange the provisional course hours with the course receiver. Upon booking a course via online or via the phone and payment of deposit has been received – we reserve the right to waiver the 14 day ‘cooling of period’ for contractual terms. Upon receipt of payment, you give us permission to book any driving tests in your name (or course receiver’s name) and to match your course with one of our nominated driving instructors. Deposit’s are only refundable if LPOD Academy can’t match your course with a driving instructor within 14 days of your selected preferred start date and within 14 days of your course dpeosit payment – unless you stipulate a set date only upon booking your course at time of booking and paying the deposit due to personal time restraints and availabilty. Please ensure you send an email to email@example.com – within 24 hours of deposit payment stating that your start date is the only date you can do. If this is not sent, we reserve the right to match your course within 14 days of your preferred start date. Although, we aim to fulfill 90% of all of our courses to the preferred start date – on courses booked with only 5 weeks notice we waiver any right to stipulate an ‘ONLY’ start date – if the ‘ONLY” start date is 5 weeks ahead. The deposit is non-refundable if the ONLY start date is not able to be arranged and has or has not been stipulated within 24 hours of course booking. We reserve the right to provide the course within 14 days of the preferred start date. The more notice we have, the better we can serve our customers and safe guard training with one of our driving instructors. A healthy time frame to book any courses is 8-12 weeks ahead. This is our preferred notice to ensure a smooth transaction of delivery of course.
Once a booking deposit has been made and matched to both parties (pupil and driving instructor), the booking is complete and the deposit is non-refundable to the pupil or the payee of the course booking deposit. Matched refers to both parties agreeing to the booking of the course and the course terms and conditions as laid out by LPOD Academy.
LPOD Academy will assign all courses to the nominated driving instructor within 14 days of course booking. In the eventuality that a course cannot be fulfilled, we shall refund all course deposits via the same method of deposit paid. The provisional course start date is only your preferred choice of the start date, and we reserve the right to provide the nearest course available up to 2 weeks after your selected preferred course start date.
If courses cannot be assigned then a full refund will be given, via the payment method used to initially pay the deposit to the original course deposit payee. Please note: Please do not book any time off work before confirmation of your course start date within your driving instructor’s diary. We cannot accept any responsibility for any booked holiday time, due to starting your course later than your preferred start choice.
Due to the nature of intensives, we believe that not all learner drivers will be good candidates for intensive driving courses. Below are some of the pupils we don’t believe are good candidates:
- Learner drivers with anxiety – medically confirmed, or self- confirmed. When booking a course with this condition, you are accepting we do NOT encourage intensive driving courses over a 1-2 week period. We prefer to spread such courses over a slightly longer time frame. If you insist on having an intensive driving course, and during your course you deem it too much – and wish to cancel the course, you understand that the course is non-refundable and any remaining course hours will be forfeited. Unless the driving instructor agrees to spread any remaining hours over a longer period of time.
- Learner drivers with medical conditions that could impair learning intensively. Conditions such as ADHD, split personality disorder, autism, dyspraxia and bi-polar. Such conditions may need a specialist instructor that understands such conditions. Booking an intensive course, and not declaring such conditions – will not provide us, or enable us to plan and match you with a better fitting instructor. There are many instructors who have specialist knowledge and training when coaching pupils with special needs. It doesn’t necessarily mean just booking an automatic car for tuition purposes. Some pupils may need a specific plan tailored to their needs – that not all driving instructors have any experience or qualifications in. However – we encourage anyone to call to discuss their requirements so that we are able to devise a better plan of action when arranging your intensive or semi-intensive driving course.
- Learner drivers that have experienced former trauma in car accidents or who have lost loved ones as a consequence of a road traffic accidents. We encourage anyone who wishes to drive to book an intensive driving course. However, it can be quite intensive. If you have received trauma in the past – and are nervous about getting back behind the wheel – perhaps, a slower approach would be more suitable as opposed to a one-week intensive driving course.
- Learner drivers with high levels of stress. If you believe you have high levels of stress, a one-week driving course may not be suitable for you. Learning to drive can be a very stressful time, if you struggle with stress, it may be easier to learn over a longer time frame.
- Learner drivers who are learning to drive because a loved one wants them to. We encourage all candidates to learn to drive who wants to. It can be very difficult to teach anyone who doesn’t really want to learn to drive, especially intensively. Sometimes peer pressure, or loved ones can impact a candidates ability to absorb information effectively. We urge these types of candidates to learn over a longer time frame.
- Life demands. Are you moving house, about to have a baby? We urge anyone to book an intensive driving course if they wish to. However, our courses are intensive and can become very tiring and demanding. If you are planning to move house, change your job or your family circumstances are drastically about to change, we advise to book your course when you are in a position free of distractions. Ie after you move house, months before you are due to give birth or after you have changed your job.
2.1 Our courses are tailored uniquely to each person’s needs and situations. There are multiude of reasons that a certain expectation of an intensive driving course should work – however, there are many factors that impede this. You can expect an ‘ideal intensive driving course’ if the following guidance has been followed.
- The course receiver is in receipt of a valid theory certificate with more than 3 months notice before it runs out prior to booking the intensive driving course.
- The course receiver books their intensive driving course with a minimum of 8 weeks notice, during the summer months, 12 weeks notice to ensure instructor availability around holiday commitments and term times and test waiting times.
- The course receiver does not have any medical conditions, licence problems, or life demands that would impact their learning to drive intensively.
- The course candidate is available to receive training as per the driving instructor’s diary over a 2 week window.
- The practical test date is arranged for no more than 7 days of the last day of training. This enables enough time to increase training hours if need be incase of the eventuality of needing more hours.
- The course receiver lives in a populous area where we are more likely going to have an instructor that covers that area.
2.2 Course receiver location. If you reside more than 5 miles outside of a town or city we reserve the right to not offer door-to-door collection as part of the course booking. A course booking will be made with an instructor that covers a populous area of more than 40,000 population to ensure a course booking is fulfilled. In this eventuality – the course receiver is responsible for travel costs incurred outside of course booking total. However, where possible we will endeavour to match you with a door-to-door service. As intensive driving courses are of a niche service – we do need to make this a compulsory part of our terms and conditions. We waiver the no refund policy to 24 hours after course booking has been made. This enables the client time to ensure they understand and agree to these terms and conditions. If we are unable to match you with a door-to-door service, we will match you with one of our nearest instructors (town or city) to conduct your course.
NB – if you are not in agreement to this term, please cancel your course booking within 24 hours of booking the course online or by phone. If, 24 hours has lapsed, and no cancellation has been received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no refund on the deposit will be given.
2.Course deposit bookings & refunds
All course bookings are made with the understanding and agreement to our terms and conditions. Upon booking a course, you the course booker or course receiver understand and agree to the following:
2.1 Contractual agreement between course driving instructor and course receiver. LPOD Academy acts as a booking service that ensure the safe dleivery of all courses. You agree to the following upon booking a course:
- You have read and understood and agree to the course terms and conditions
- Booking depsosits are non-refundable – please refer to below for some situations where they are refundable
- You give LPOD Academy instant permission to act upon your behalf and manage all course bookings and driving tests, which include sharing the course receivers information to enable us to do our job properly. Third party services and your driving nominated driving instructor will be who we share your information with.
- All courses booked without a test also, are non- refundable. Unless we are unable to match your course under our stipulated terms and conditions.
- Where candidates (pupils) have their own tests booked – we reserve the right to match the course hours within 14 days of the preferred start course date, if this does not coincide with the pupil’s pre-booked driving test, we reserve the right not to offer a refund on the course booking deposit. We will endeavour to match where possible, but until a course booking has been received we are not warranted to confirm whether a driving instructor is available to cover the course leading upto the course start date.
2.2 Upon booking an intensive driving course, all booking deposits are non-refundable. You understand that by booking an intensive driving course your lose the ’14 days cooling off period” due to the nature of this service. Below are the occasions where a full refund of the deposit will be given.
- We are not able to match your course within 14 days of course booking to a driving instructor, unless you give us permission to extend the preferred start date + 14 days.
- We are not able to match your course start date within 14 days of preferred start date. NB this term is waivered if we are able to bring your preferred start date forward. If you are NOT able to start your course sooner than the preferred start date, please inform us by email within 24 hours of booking your course. Otherwise, we reserve the right to be able to offer you a sooner date.
- Your driving instructor lets you down prior to the course start date and an alternative plan by LPOD Academy or your nominated driving instructor is not given.
- We are unable to match your ‘only’ course start date and there is more than 5 weeks notice once the booking deposit has been made.
- Your driving instructor does not make contact within 21 days of course booking.
Once your course has been booked, you will receive a course confirmation email detailing the specifics of your course. Unless you email us otherwise, the specifics of your course will become contractual. You have 24 hours to amend any details on your course booking confirmation. Once your course has been assigned to a driving instructor – you will receive an email detailing the provisional plan of your course and the driving instructors details. This will be done within 14 days of course booking. Your details will also be sent to your driving instructor to initialise first contact and to arrange your course hours. Here is a summary of action:
- You book your course online or phone and complete course booking information at the time, or within 24 hours of course booking.
- You will receive an instant email detailing payment and course hours booked and location.
- Within 48 hours (72 hours if booking over a weekend) you shall receive a course confirmation email detailing your course requirements. You have 24 hours to amend any information – course pick-up address, preferred start date, only start date etc. If any amendments need to be made, please ensure you email email@example.com within 24 hours of course confirmation email has been sent. LPOD Academy will also book any tests relevant to your booking. Ie, theory test will be instantly booked, or driving test around the end of the preferred start date or course week. Please refer to our test booking section for more information.
- 14 days after booking, you will receive a course booking email detailing your nominated driving instructor and provisionally agreed course start date.
- Within 21 days of booking – all course receivers will receive a ‘welcome’ call from your driving instructor to book in your course hours. If you have not received a call – please email us within 24 hours so that we can encourage contact between pupil and instructor. Upon receiving your driving instructors contact details we give you permission to make contact as soon as possible to arrange your course hours if your driving instructor has not already done so. NB if course has been booked an arranged by a parent, friend or relative, please understand that we MUST have pupil contact information – so that the driving instructor may be able to make contact and book in the driving hours. Unless the booking is a surprise – if contact can’t be reached, the course will be cancelled and if less than 4 weeks notice, the full course cost is due and payable to the driving instructor.
- Any test bookings will be sent via email. If you request the DVSA booking email that we receive, please send an email as soon as possible so that we can get this sent to you.
- 14 days prior to your course start date – the remaining course fee is payable. Your driving instructor will discuss this with you during your welcome call and arrange payment via bank transfer (preferred) cash, or cheque. All cheques must be cleared 14 days prior to the agreed start date of your course.
- All test bookings (both theory and practical) are subject to the course booker (receiver) providing the correct information at the time of booking or within 24 hours of booking. If any details are incorrect or not yet obtained, we reserve the right to cancel your course with immediate effect and a new course booking will need to be made.
- Once initial contact has been made – we urge all course receivers to converse and communicate with their driving instructors and where possible not use LPOD Academy as a go between. Unless it is to discuss test bookings.
- 7 days prior to your confirmed start date, you will receive a course email with links to useful videos, podcast show and other relevant news.
- If you do not pass your first attempt all course candidates are subject to a re-test. Please note: course receiver should email LPOD Academy within 7 days of a failed driving test result to receive their free re-test. Upon booking this re-test, LPOD Academy deletes any data on the pupil as service has been delivered. Due to GDPR we are unable to hold candidates personal information. We deem our services are concluded once this second test has been booked. If you require a cancellation test (a sooner test date) please refer to our re-test terms and conditions. NB please arrange additional hours with your driving instructor as the course has been delivered we are not able to liase on your behalf. Please refer to re-test terms and conditions.
All courses cancelled with less than 4 weeks notice are liable for payment for full course cost. An invoice will be sent with a term of 7 days to complete payment. If, payment is not received within 7 days of course cancellation and a further invoice will be sent with an additional £100 administration fee. If a subsequent 7 days lapses, we will support the affected ADI (Driving Instructor) to pursue loss via the small claims court. Additional fees may be applied.
Please note: change in circumstances, holidays, illness or work-related affairs do not make LPOD Academy or the assigned driving instructor liable to recompense you for cancellation/re-arrangement of course. The full course cost is still payable and chargeable at the discretion of the driving instructor.
These terms and conditions are to protect the interests of our driving instructors, but, when confirming course details on the phone with your driving instructor, they reserve the right to inform you of their own stipulated conditions as per the course. LPOD Academy instils default terms and conditions in the interests of our driving instructors who abide by our terms and conditions also.
If your assigned instructor states their preferred time of payment of course balance they will discuss this with you when they make contact prior to your course start date. Some instructors do insist on payment up front 14 days prior to course start date. Please ensure you are fully aware of when payment is due with your designated instructor. Otherwise, our default terms and conditions will reside and be enforceable.
All of our driving instructors are self-employed, and we book the courses ahead to keep their diaries full. If a course is cancelled with less than 4 weeks notice, payment must still be paid and is payable to your appointed driving instructor. This is payable to the driving instructor you have been assigned. Acceptable payments include: Cash, cheques, preferred method is a bank transfer.
Your driving instructor will discuss with you their preferred payment method when they make contact to arrange your course dates and hours. Some driving instructors do not accept cheques, please be advised to check with your appointed driving instructor when they call to arrange your course.
Please note: Course change of start date is deemed a cancelled course. If you wish to change the course start date: it is at the discretion of our driving instructor as to whether they can and will allow this change. If not, our terms and conditions will be honoured and the course will be deemed cancelled and the full course cost is payable if you are not able to attend your course hours. A new course booking will need to be made to make a new course booking with a deposit payable to LPOD Academy.
Course Balance Payment
We request that the remaining course balance is to be settled no less than 14 days prior to your course start date. However, please check with your driving instructor as some do state 21 days prior to course start date. Otherwise, our terms and conditions will reside. If payment is not received, you will be liable for the full course cost to your driving instructor and the course itself may be cancelled at the driving instructor’s discretion. We are very strict on payment and prefer to get ‘business matters’ out of the way.
In the event of any payment disputes: no course will commence until all funds have been received. If funds are not clear, no lessons will commence, and any training booked in the driving instructor’s diary will be deemed has had. No replacement lessons will be given to recompense loss of training hours. Late payment notice: £100 administration fee.
In the event of payment disputes, and any cheques not clearing in time, or our terms and conditions not met, we will support the self-employed instructor to claim loss of earnings through third-party debt collection agencies and or the small claims court. We are very strict on the remaining payment of course bookings – due to the nature of our industry. Intensive driving course instructors rely on their courses to be fulfilled. Payment must be made 14 DAYS prior to the start of the course to your nominated driving instructor.
Short notice courses with less than 4 weeks notice must be paid in full at the time of booking to LPOD Academy to whom payment will be directed to the appointed driving instructor. Please note: This is subject to a 4% payment charge due to banking fees.
Often, things won’t go to plan due to external factors. Other course dates will be offered as a replacement in the event of car breakdowns, instructor sickness. The driving instructor will liaise with you directly with any future course bookings as per their diary.
In the event, that a driving instructor is unable to fulfil the course that has been booked in. And you the ‘learner’ cannot fulfil a future course date, a full refund of both the course and the course booking deposit will be payable.
LPOD Academy will not be held responsible for agreements made between instructor and pupil. All students who are 17 will need to pay the full course balance amount 2 weeks (14 days) prior to their course start date. Otherwise, the course shall be cancelled. This term and condition have been put into place to protect driving instructors as minors can’t be liable for contractual agreements in the course of law.
If payment is not received within the stipulated time periods, a £100 administration charge will be added to the final course balance. Upon being notified by the driving instructor, LPOD Academy will issue a course balance invoice, this should be settled within 7 days of receiving to the booking email of the course booking form. If payment has not been received within 7 days of the invoice being sent, £100 will be added to the total course booking and remaining balance fee. We also reserve the right to add 4% banking charge to all invoices issued for outstanding course balances.
Please note: LPOD Academy understands that sometimes these things can be overlooked. We will make contact with you on behalf of the driving instructor to whom the balance is due. If 24 hours lapses and no contact has been received than the £100 administration fee is payable to LPOD Academy, alongside the remaining course balance to the driving instructor.
If payment is not received within 72 hours from the due date, the driving instructor reserves the right to cancel the course and seek payment via third-party debt collection agencies or via the small claims court. Please note: this would increase the overall cost of your course, and the course will be cancelled with immediate effect.
The contract that we are creating is between course receiver and a driving instructor. Once all courses have been confirmed with course receiver and driving instructor, the course receiver is bound to these terms and conditions.
The course booker and payer is liable to provide all course booking details of course receiver and all methods of contact of course receiver. This includes email addresses, mobile phone numbers, and full address(s). LPOD Academy cannot be held responsible for any course bookings if details have not been given or are incorrect.
All pupils must adhere to these terms and conditions. In the eventuality of booking a course for a family member or friend, if they are unaware of the course due to being a birthday present or alike, then the course responsibility resides with course booker and deposit payer. LPOD Academy should be notified upon booking if this is the case. We can’t be held responsible for course receiver not being made aware of their course booking.
If the course receiver is uncontactable the contract remains with course booker/deposit payer. Any outstanding monies and course balances will be at the responsibility of the course booker/deposit payer. Please refer to previous payment terms.
Once the course receiver or booker (in the event of a present) has agreed to the course start dates and times with the appointed driving instructor they will become liable for the remaining course balance. If the course receiver is 17 years old, the course booking contract is between course booker/ deposit payer and the remaining course balance is payable 14 days prior to the start date of the course by the original course booker and deposit payer. Please refer to our previous terms and conditions.
If the pupil is under 18 years of age: the remaining payment must be settled 2 weeks prior to the start of the course. This is due to being under eighteen years of age. If payment is not received 2 weeks before the course start date, the course will be cancelled and the deposit will not be refunded.
If payment is not received or clear at the start of the course, the driving course will not Commence and the full course will be chargeable. Due to instructor wages, car insurance and public liability insurance, car maintenance and fuel.
If any issues arise once you start your course you must notify us upon the first encounter of any problems. Communication is very often the barrier between pupil and instructor and early intervention can resolve any upset or complaints. If the course has been completed and no complaint, upset or notification of problem has been given, LPOD Academy cannot take any responsibility to any complaints with regards to course delivery or driving instructor disputes. All complaints must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the course week.
If you have any complaints about your driving instructor you must discuss this with them directly. Very often, disputes can be resolved, and are commonly due to misunderstandings of the situation. If no resolution has been found, then please send us an email to email@example.com.
Due to Data Protection Laws (GDPR) and company policy, all complaints must be in writing. However, we may discuss with the course receiver any concerns they have with regards to the course, prior to and during the course. If you have a direct complaint about your driving instructor’s conduct, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the situation concerned happens.
Please Note: we can’ discuss content with third parties, and about the driving instructor, due to GDPR Laws. Any professional misconduct disputes must be made into writing to the DVSA or the Trading Standards.
Although we do appreciate some occasions situations can arise, we must enforce this company policy. We have a duty of care to the pupil on receiving the course, and moral duty of care to the driving instructors that we work with. So, due to the nature of complaints, we are NOT able to discuss issues with any third party directly about the pupil or the driving instructor.
You the course receiver are bound to the DVSA’s health and eyesight responsibilities. If your health or eyesight changes since your application of the provisional driving licence, you should notify the DVLA immediately.
You must be able to read a number plate from 20 metres away. The course is still chargeable if you are unable to read the required distance at the start of your course.
You are responsible for the use of any medication whilst driving. You must Disclose any meds to your driving instructor and upon request, any Dr’s note to state you are fit to drive. If the driving instructor is in doubt of your ability under the influence of drugs/alcohol/prescription drugs your course will be cancelled and all training and fees will still be applicable.
In the eventuality of hospitalisation, you must disclose this Asap. If during your course, you are hospitalized it is at the discretion of the driving instructor if you will be offered alternative training days. Although we appreciate circumstances may arise, this will be dealt with on a per-basis situation. Ultimately, it is at the discretion of the driving instructor whether you will be still charged for your course.
You must disclose at the time of booking any health conditions that may affect your ability to drive safely and responsibly. These include asthma, heart problems, cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, epilepsy, depression, bi-polar, rheumatoid arthritis, IBS, anxiety, absence seizures, eating disorders, head injury, heart attacks, high and low blood pressure, surgery, sleep disorders, loss of eyesight, partially or in one or both eyes, pregnancy.
If these are not disclosed at the time of booking, LPOD Academy can’t take responsibility for any eventualities that may arise due to these health conditions. Nor your driving instructor. We reserve the right to cancel the course with immediate effect if your driving instructor comes to believe you are not medically fit to drive, whether short-term (day of the lesson) or long term. All driving instructors must exercise a duty of care when it comes to the safe provision of driving lessons.
Sleep disorders. It is your responsibility to disclose any sleep disorders to your driving instructor. If you are unaware of your sleep disorder – and your driving instructor believes you are not fit to drive. That day’s training will be cancelled, and it shall be at the discretion of your driving instructor whether you will be able to reschedule or lose your training that day.
Anxiety/Depression/Panic Attacks/Mental Health. If you suffer from anxiety related illnesses you must inform us at the point of booking. LPOD Academy does not believe intensive driving courses are suited to anxious pupils. You are accepting responsibility for your course booking under the understanding that we advise against an intensive driving course (1 week or up to 3 weeks).
In the event of anxious panic attacks erratic driving behaviour, your driving instructor reserves the right to cancel the course with full course cost. If this is not disclosed at the time of booking, any course fees will still be chargeable in the event of course cancellation, pre or during your course. It is important to share with our driving instructors the history of our pupils we are matching them with. To give you the best service, it is important to disclose this information at the point of booking.
If during your course, you decide to cancel the remaining course hours, due to anxious behaviour (erratic driving) or fear, the full course cost will be chargeable and any remaining course balance or training sessions will be forfeited.
Harassment of our driving instructors. If our driving instructors are abused, bullied, or threatened verbally, or physically, we reserve the right to cancel your course and take the appropriate action to support the driving instructor in the event of proceeding legal or civil action. All courses are logged, and any disputes with driving instructors will only be dealt with via email at email@example.com.
Broken limbs. If you break an arm or a leg, your course is still chargeable. If you are unfit to drive the driving instructor reserves the right not to continue with your course and it will be deemed complete/cancelled.
Alcohol/drugs misuse. If you are an alcohol-dependent person or have an addiction it is your responsibility to notify us at the point of booking. LPOD Academy reserves the right to cancel the course at any time. If your driving instructor believes that you are under the influence of banned drugs or prescription substances, they reserve the right to cancel the course with immediate effect.
Inaccurate information. If upon booking the course any information is not given correctly then LPOD Academy reserves the right to cancel the course and charge for the remaining course cost if the course has been matched already. Our 4 weeks notice term and conditions is waivered in this eventuality.
Licence view permission. You must arrange to allow your driving instructor to view your driving licence online via an online permission link. This must be done prior to the start course date. If this has not been done, the course will be cancelled with immediate effect and will still be chargeable to the driving instructor.
Driving Retest Policy
If your course includes a free retest, you will have proof of a retest on your confirmation booking email received by us. Typically, we will state “(retest eligible)” respective test type. In only some situations will we not issue a free retest if certain conditions have been broken. Please refer down to view these conditions.
If 7 days have been lapped from the date of your original test appointment and no prior contact has been made to us either through email or phone call, the driving retest offer will be invalidated.
Free retests are also subject to promotional and seasonal offerings. We reserve the right to not offer free retests at any time. To confirm we have this offer present, please get in touch with us either through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call a member of staff 0800 112 3515.
LPOD Academy will rebook a theory test appointment if the respective client fails their theory on the first attempt after providing photographic evidence of their theory test certificate fail.
Only in a few circumstances will LPOD Academy not issue a retest if certain conditions are broken:
- The client does not arrive at either the first theory test appointment or practical test appointment for any reason
- The client arrives late at their first theory appointment or practical test appointment and a member of staff refuses entry or cancels the test
- The client notifies LPOD Academy that the current theory or practical test appointment is not suitable and needs changing but it’s within the DVSA’s no refund cancellation policy
- Your allocated instructor deems you are not ready/not to test standard
LPOD Academy is not responsible for organising or arranging any other training outside of your original course booking. We are also not liable for instructor availability. Due to instructors diaries being unpredictable, we advise you to arrange training with your allocated instructor or another instructor prior to your retest training.
LPOD Academy will be the agent that books the candidate’s retest on their behalf in a suitable time frame. You are responsible for ensuring that the date is suitable and make necessary changes if the date cannot be attended. If you need the test date changing, please inform a member of staff.
Driving Test Cancellations
LPOD Academy does not take any responsibility for the DVSA cancelling driving tests, nor the driving instructor’s car condition. If the test was refused due to the car’s condition, the driving instructor will be liable to cover the cost of the new driving test fee.
On some occasions driving tests will be cancelled due to the following circumstances:
- Bad weather conditions
- Examiner sickness
- Examiner strikes
- Mechanical breakdown
- Instructor sickness – LPOD Academy will NOT accept liability for instructor sickness nor any other reason for test cancellation.
When a test is booked the student is hiring the car for the driving test exam. In the event of an accident and the driving instructor’s car is not able to be used for the driving test, this liability lies with the learner driver. However, if 48 hours or less has been given, liability is with the driving instructor to cover new driving test costs.
If the DVSA cancels the driving test, any hours owing to the driving instructor will be chargeable. In this event, it is the learner’s responsibility to claim expenses back from the DVSA.
Course Booking Confirmation
A successful course booking is when LPOD Academy matches a pupil with a driving instructor and a course booking confirmation has been sent. Your provisional start date when booking online is only a guesstimate (ideal start date.) Please await for the course booking confirmation email for the details of your course. Both parties agree on a start date for the course. Start dates listed on our website are only provisional and are only confirmed when we have allocated your course to a driving instructor. We also stress that start dates may also change unexpectedly due to a multitude of reasons. If there is a need to change the course start date we will confirm with you and your driving instructor if both parties are happy to change the course starting date. If booking a course on the website, please be advised the original quote is the price of the course. Deposit amounts and pending amounts vary please await the confirmation email that LPOD Academy will send to you after your course booking details have been confirmed. Sometimes when booking courses online, details can be made in error. NB: this is not a confirmation booking email, this is ONLY a receipt of what has been registered.
Dates and times of the course are to be arranged with the driving instructor as per their diary. Sometimes, course training days may start at different times due to other pupil’s driving tests from previous weeks. Your driving instructor will liaise with you at all times and dates when discussing your course on the phone.
If any driving training days are cancelled by the driving instructor due to mechanical breakdown or other unavoidable situations, a replacement training day shall be offered or a refund of hours owing. LPOD Academy does NOT accept responsibility for refunds of hours owing or due to the driving instructor cancelling a day’s training.
Theory Test Appointments & Course Information
If you book your driving course on the same week as your theory test your driving course hours will be used up. Unless agreed mutually with your driving instructor. On some occasions, pupils may fail their theory test and another appointment will be needed.
Appointment times can vary from any theory test centre. We can not book a driving test until the learner driver has passed their theory test. You will need to discuss this situation with your driving instructor and agree on an outcome. Sometimes, the driving instructor will hold back some hours for when you have completed your driving course. In this eventuality, you may be required to have additional training hours due to the time lapse.
LPOD Academy cannot guarantee a driving test date the same week you pass your theory test. This is dependent on your driving instructor’s availability and current driving test commitments. However, a driving test will be booked at the nearest driving test centre for a suitable date.
Not all courses are straightforward, due to many situations and factors. Your course is intensive, and when we say “intensive” – you learn to drive within 1 week – 4 weeks, whereby a ‘normal’ pupil will learn to drive over a years duration or more.
Driving Test Bookings & Confirmation
We at no stage guarantee a driving test appointment for the end of your training week. No company can guarantee this. We advise our instructors to reserve the last few remaining hours your course around or on the day of your practical test appointment.
As part of your course booking, members of staff look for practical test appointments bi-hourly during our hours of operation. Although, we try our best in looking for a suitable test, we may miss opportunities during our bi-hourly checks. We advise you to also check for earlier test appointments as well.
Test waiting times can increase during some parts of the year, such as the summer holidays, Easter breaks and other national days and events. Other factors that may increase test waiting times are examiner shortages and types of nearby test centres.
We work only with local and reputable driving instructors. We do not want to work with unreliable, rude ADI’s. As this is not a healthy approach to our business ethics. If you find your allocated instructor is rude or unprofessional, please refer to our complaints section above.
All driving instructors we work with supply a clean, well-maintained car, and all tuition cars are insured for learner drivers. Pupils can request confirmation of car insurance from their appointed driving instructor at any time. All instructors abide by the DVSA’s code of conduct and are regulated by the DVSA. We work with green badge instructors (fully qualified driving instructors).
We require all of our learners/students to be respectful to their allocated driving instructors and to maintain a healthy relationship whilst on the course. Communication is vital to the success of all courses, and sometimes factors can affect the progress of the course.
LPOD Academy is a booking agency on behalf of learner drivers and driving instructors. We work with established driving schools and their car livery may contain their local advertising banners. We outsource work to local instructors to sub their weekly hours. However – we unite as a profession and work to give the best service to learner drivers.
We can not always guarantee your preferred choice of instructor, and no refunds will be given in the event of you not want to continue, or not get on with your driving instructor. Any course refunds must be given or mutually agreed with the driving instructor.
We will not tolerate any abuse to instructors during or outside of the course. Discrimination against driving instructors is strictly prohibited. We do not condone the use of racial, gender, physical, disability, ethnic background or religious abuse to any of our driving instructors. And same for the instructor, if you find your instructor is discriminating you, please refer to our complaint section and contact us immediately.
Delivery of course hours
13.1 The course booker and receiver understand that our intensive driving courses are flexible and not standard hours- ie, 5 hours a day. Our driving instructors will accomodate training hours to deliver the course to the course receiver in a timely manner, as per their diary and commitments such as pre-arranged driving tests. Course hours can commence on any given day between the hours of 8am and 8pm monday to sunday.
13.2 Upon booking an intensive driving course, the course booker and the course receiver will be contacted by their nominated driving instructor prior to arrange their course hours. These hours booked in, are only provisional – a confirmed plan of training will be made aware to the course receiver 7 days or less prior to the start course date. It is important to understand, that our driving instructors diary’s can change week to week. re-tests, mechanical problems and weather conditions can hampen course hours and the driving instructors diary. Please note: all driving tests booked into the driving instructors diary have priority over any intensive course hours originally booked in. We aim to keep to the original plan, but sometimes situations do arise that means a new schedule of training will need to be made.
13.3 Availability – it is of the understanding that all courses booked, the course receiver will be available to accomodate the course hours and the driving instructors diary. If the course receiver is not available for training – once an agreed schedule of training has been made, and 28 days notice or less has not been given, the course will be cancelled with immediate effect and any owing balance will be payable to the course driving instructor.
When booking courses of 15+ hours, we are of the understnading that once the hours have been agreed – the course receiver will be available for the hours agreed. Please be aware these may be subject to change, and where possible the driving instructor will accomodate your schedule if the new hours are outside of the original confirmed hours. Please note: Any holidays should only be booked once the driving instructor has confirmed the start date – and a provisional plan of training has been made. If you have any time restraints that would hampen your availability you should make LPOD Academy aware at time of booking. You can email us at email@example.com to inform us of a desired plan of training as per your schedule. Otherwise, it is of the understanding that you are available for the agreed start date once confirmed by LPOD Academy or your driving instructor. Ie, if you can’t book time of work and can only do training hours in the evenings or weekends – please inform us by email.
13.4 Booking holiday – please only book time of work when your course has been agreed on a mutual start date with your driving instructor. Courses of 25+ hours may be spread over 2 weeks, please liase with your driving instructor if you need to available for the second week. In some situations, it is possible to spread remaining hours over the evenings or at weekends. Again, this is dependent upon your nominated driving instructor’s diary and commitments. When booking a course with LPOD Academy we reserve the right to allow 14 days prior to arrange your course with your driving instructor and a further 7 days for the driving instructor to make contact and arrange with course receiver a provisional plan of training. If the minimum 5 weeks notice has been given upon booking – this gives us 3 weeks to confirm your plan of training. Please understand that it is your responsibility to arrange time of work – and the time restraints needed by LPOD Academy to plan with your driving instructor the course booking hours.
If you have childcare commitments – please inform us of the preferred hours for training. Please note, it is not always possible to accomidate specific hours due to driving instructors prior commitments. We will endeavour to match your desired requirements where possible to secure the best outcome. However – this typically will be of a semi-intensive nature and not in deed a ‘one-week’ driving course nature. Dependant on the amount of hours that has been booked will determine the outcome of the delivery of hours.