LPOD Academy and Course Booker (Deposit Payer/Candidate)
By booking an intensive driving course with LPOD Academy (booking agent) you are entering a contract with LPOD Academy to arrange an intensive driving course with an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI), for yourself or for a nominated candidate to undertake the intensive driving course. Course hours are flexible and are to be agreed between student and instructor on point of contact after bookings have been received. The course candidate is entering an agreement with the driving instructor and is in agreement and understands these terms and conditions and their driving instructor’s terms and conditions also.
These terms and conditions are in place to protect the interest of the course organiser/ booker, the driving instructor, the course receiver, and that of LPOD Academy. Please refer to the relevant parties’ terms and conditions if any of these are applicable to you.
- Agreement between LPOD and course organiser
- Agreement between LPOD and learner organising tests
- Agreement between learner and driving instructor.
NB The word ‘intensive’ is representative of a fast track service typically within a 6 week period and not solely subject to a one-week intensive driving course.
When we refer to the word “pupil” “customer” or “client” or “candidate”- we are on the understanding of course receiver and not course booker (deposit payer). When we refer to driving instructor – we are on the understanding that the course provider is the driving instructor (ADI) that provides the course to the pupil.
We are also on the understanding that our driving instructor is self-employed fully qualified driving instructors and are not employed by LPOD Academy.
LPOD Academy is a registered company in the UK. We act as a booking agent on behalf of course bookers (deposit payers) to source and secure an intensive driving course with an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) for yourself or a nominated candidate under these terms and conditions. By booking a course with LPOD Academy you fully understand and abide by these terms and conditions and give us full permission to carry out our duties as per your intensive driving course booking. By booking a course with LPOD Academy you agree that you are 18 years of age, or you have permission/guidance from a parent/guardian who acts in your interest.
By booking a course with LPOD Academy you are agreeing to these terms and conditions as part of your course booking. You understand and agree to these terms and conditions. You also understand there are three separate terms and conditions. You also understand and agree that LPOD Academy is a booking agency working on your behalf to secure an intensive driving course delivered within 6 months from the point of booking, unless you stipulate a later start date at the point of booking or when you fill out your details. Where short notice courses apply, you understand LPOD Academy will offer upto 3 solutions to your needs but does not guarantee a course within three months under your own criteria.
No course booking can be cancelled for home pick-up only courses booked on our short notice course booking facility. NO course guarantees home pick-up. However we will aim to deliver this, but this may accrue an additional charge on top of the website quoted prices at the point of booking.
- Terms and conditions between course booker and LPOD Academy
- Terms and conditions between pupil and instructor (sent at the point of the match and agreed on start dates and course delivery)
- Terms and conditions of ADI and LPOD Academy to deliver the course to ensure the course goes ahead as to our own standards and that laid out by the DVSA.
Short notice courses bookings
Are courses with preferred start dates within 3 months of course booking. (not eligible for 14-day cancellation of course booking period). Your preferred start date is on our website and on your submitted google form. Standard course bookings apply, except for the 14 day cooling off period. LPOD academy does not have to offer you a course within 3 months, but will aim to fulfill your request as soon as a booking ahs been received.
Standard course bookings
Our courses are delivered within 6 months of course booking. (eligible for full cancellation of course booking within 14 days of course booking. Consumer Act)We will start work on your booking on day 14 after receipt of the booking deposit. This includes the booking of any tests unless we have written consent by email requesting we start immediately. To which you waiver your right to a refund under the 14-day cooling-off period.
Long-Term Course bookings
Are booked with an assigned start date with more than 6 months’ notice at the point of booking. Please refer to our cancellation policy with regards to cancelling your course booking. (eligible for full cancellation of course booking within 14 days of course booking, consumer act.) No tests will be booked unless we have written permission from you to start work on your booking straight away.
All courses will be booked and delivered within 6 months of course booking as standard. If you request an early start date we will aim to deliver your request but we reserve the right to offer a course within 6 months. Our standard course bookings will consist of:
General Terms & Conditions for Quick Reference
1 Home pick-up or a mutual pick-up point at your nearest test centre, train station, retail park, or the centre of a major town or city.
1A) by booking an intensive driving course you agree to the full course balance which is payable once you have been matched with an instructor. Any amendments to your course booking must be arranged prior to agreeing on a start date for your course or within 14 days from the point of booking. If your course is subject to cost change the final balance will be agreed upon prior to the final balance being owed.
- You agree your deposit is non-refundable after 14 days on our standard and long-term course bookings. Refunds will be given if we are unable to provide a course as per these terms and conditions.
- You agree to the full course cost once you have been matched to the driving instructor. Payment must be made no later than 21 days prior to your course starting. If your course is starting with less than 21 days’ notice, immediate payment must be made once you have agreed on a start date with your instructor. Failure to pay will result in the immediate cancellation of your course and the final balance is still payable.
- Any amendments to any course booking MUST be given in writing to email@example.com and that we can’t accept changes on the phone. If you have a query please call, but we will always revert you to email to make changes to your course booking. This includes change, of course, hours, pick-up address, test dates.
- Any course reduction in hours must be made within 14 days in writing from the point of booking. Any reduction of course hours won’t be honoured after this time. And the full course cost is payable once we have matched you with an instructor.
2 Upon being matched with an instructor you agree to book a date to start your course. No start date is subject to a test date in place. On our bronze courses, an assessment will be arranged for as soon as. This will be included in all of your total booked hours.
3 Hours will be planned within the hours of 8am -6pm Monday to Friday only. Prices are based on these timings. If you require training hours outside of these times, your driving instructor is within their right to charge additional fees on top of the agreed course price to reflect their hourly rates for unsociable hours.
4 If payment is NOT received 21 days prior to the course starting, the course will be cancelled and the full course is still chargeable. (unless you have written consent from your ADI stating they waiver the 21 days payment notice).
5 If no payment is made, the driving instructor will seek payment via the small claims court. Additional fees and charges apply.
6 Courses can be delivered in two parts. Training ONLY and test week. Weekly driving lessons are not part of these terms and conditions.
7 The pending course amount is subject to a 10% decrease or increase. Where our normal driving instructors aren’t available we reserve the right to seek alternative ADI’s and conduct thorough checks as to their suitability. The difference in price is based on the fees of the appointed driving instructor. LPOD will give you up to three-course options/prices and does not guarantee home pick-up. One of these options will include a residential course option where hotel costs will be in addition to the pending course cost amount. Any savings will be passed on to the student nominated on the course booking.
8 No course booking can be transferred to another student, location, or driving instructor once an agreement between driving instructor and pupil has been made.
9 Where the pupil is managing their own theory and practical test appointment all course hours will be booked and delivered within 6 months of course booking. If 6 months lapses, the course will be deemed fulfilled and complete. No course booking can be transferred to another student, location or driving instructor once a course has been matched.
10 Where a candidate has their own test appointment, LPOD Academy reserves the right not to fulfill this appointment and requests a change of driving test to a later date. If changing of the test appointment isn’t allowed, the course candidate waivers the right to cancel the course within the 14 days cooling off period, or if the preferred start date is within 3 months. The booking deposit will be forfeited.
11 Pending costs on the website are expected costs and not guaranteed costs. Prices are based upon local averages. Where our regular instructors are not available, LPOD Academy will seek an alternative driving instructor but the pending course cost may be higher or lower.
12 Where courses are delivered in two parts. The full course fee is still payable no later than 21 days prior to your agreed start date.
13 By booking a course with LPOD Academy you agree to have your course delivered within 6 months from the point of booking if booked on a short notice or standard course booking. If you do not receive your provisional licence in time, your eye-sight is not of standard, or you need to cancel your course due to any medical emergency or work reasons, you waiver your right to a refund on the booking deposit. If your requested start date is more than 6 months away, you have 3 months to complete your course hours from the agreed course start date. This is standard across all course bookings.
14 On short notice course bookings and standard course bookings, all hours will be delivered within 3 months of the agreed start date or within 6 months from the point of booking, whichever comes first. Any hours unused will be forfeited unless written confirmation from your driving instructor has been given.
15 NO course booking is subject to pupils passing a theory test. If a pupil requests to delay the start of their course due to not passing their theory test, the course will be delivered within 6 months from the point of booking. LPOD Academy reserves the right to cancel the course if the student is unwilling to agree to a start date with an instructor.
16 By booking an intensive driving course with LPOD Academy you agree to allow LPOD Academy to find you an instructor to conduct an intensive driving course subject to three offers.
17 All course hours are subject to the same pick-up point made at booking unless otherwise stipulated. If a different pick-up point is needed, the difference in time travel will be deducted from your course hours if your matched driving instructor is in agreement.
18 By booking a course with LPOD Academy you agree to these terms and conditions. Once the details of an accepted driving instructor have been made you agree that LPOD Academy has fulfilled their job and ONLY manages tests as part of your course booking. If our local instructor is not available we will offer up to three alternatives prior to matching you with an agreed driving instructor. Pricing may change and this does not guarantee home pick-up.
19 If you live more than 7 miles from the centre of a major town or city, or more than 7 miles from a DVSA practical driving test centre, LPOD Academy we will offer a suitable course with one of our driving instructors. If you require home pick-up ONLY, you agree to additional costs if the instructor is unwilling to travel to your home destination. If Uber is operational in your area we will use Uber first, if not the local taxi company. Additional charges apply. If no agreement can be made, LPOD Academy will offer a residential course at one of the following destinations in the UK. Banbury, Barnet, Bedford, and Portsmouth. This will comes with additional costs.
Section 1: Cancellation of Course Booking Deposit
1.1 – If you book a short notice course (preferred start date is less than 3 months or for as soon as) you waiver your right to a booking refund if you change your mind within 14 days from the point of booking. You also give us permission to act on your behalf to seek an approved driving instructor (ADI) straight away (within 3 months) and accept that no refund will be given if we are unable to fulfill your request. You also accept that the pending course cost is subject to change as per these terms and conditions by 10% lower or higher than originally stated on the website. If your agreed driving test date is more than 3 months away due to local demand in your area, you waiver your right to a deposit refund due to test waiting times. LPOD academy can not be held liable for DVSA’s testing availability.
1.2 – If you book a standard course (start date up to 6 months) you are entitled to a deposit booking refund within 14 days of booking. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to activate this request. Once 14 days lapses you agree to the booking deposit being non-refundable once we start work on your course booking. No work will be carried out within 14 days by LPOD Academy. This includes theory and practical test bookings. Unless we have expressed written consent (by email) to which you waiver your right to a booking deposit refund within 14 days of point of booking. As per the Consumer Act. Where candidates have yet to pass a theory test and do not wish to start their course prior to passing and 6 months lapses, you are not entitled to a course deposit refund.
1.3 – If you book a long-term course (up to 15 months) away, you are entitled to a deposit booking refund within 14 days of booking an intensive driving course. Please email email@example.com to activate this request. Once 14 days lapses you agree to the booking deposit being non-refundable once we start work on your course booking. No work will be carried out within 14 days by LPOD Academy. This includes theory and practical test bookings. Unless we have expressed written consent (by email) to which you waiver your right to a booking deposit refund within 14 days of point of booking as per the Consumer Act. If we are unable to offer an instructor on a long-term course booking you are entitled to a refund minus any test bookings made and a £100 administration cost.
Section 2: Course Prices
The prices stated on the website are based on local averages, or our current available instructor. If our local instructor is not available, by booking a course with LPOD Academy you understand that the pending cost may sometimes vary. Due to changes of ADIs locally, and nationally. We envisage that prices may be 10% lower – 10% higher than the price quoted.
Any savings sought by LPOD Academy will be passed on to the course candidate. Any increase in price will be subject to the course candidate’s agreement. By booking a course with LPOD Academy you agree that pricing may vary due to the aforementioned.
Upon receiving ADI agreement details we will confirm the prices and conditions of your course booking. Once agreed – your course booking will be ‘successfully’ matched and the pupil/ADI agreement will ensue. You also agree that any additional costs associated with the course such as hotels, and travel fees are not part of the ‘total cost’ of the final agreed course cost to the driving instructor.
LPOD Academy agrees to match 95% of website course quotes as stated at the point of booking.
2.5% of all course bookings will be up to 10% lower than quoted and 2.5% of all course bookings will be up to 10% higher than originally quoted.
Any quotes given are subject to 14 days and to an increase or decrease of up to 10%.
If a pupil changes ADI (driving instructor) the pupil understands a new price may be chargeable. Please ask your new instructor’s prices. If a new LPOD agreement needs to be made between two parties please note this is based on the new prices and not the prices that were on the original booking.
Section 3: Conditions of Intensive Driving Course Booking
By booking an intensive driving course with LPOD Academy you agree to the following conditions of your course booking.
- Home pick-up is NOT guaranteed as part of your intensive driving course package. Although we aim to match 90% of all courses for home pick-up some locations may not be covered. An alternative plan will be given. This may mean travelling to an agreed meeting point or additional costs included for travel such as taxis/train/uber.
- Once matched and agreed, the final agreed payment is due to the driving instructor no later than 21 days prior to your agreed start date.
- Where restrictions apply, you agree to LPOD Academy offering 3 solutions for your intensive course booking. Please see the notes section below these terms and conditions.
- LPOD Academy will provide the details of your driving instructor upon agreement of your course booking and agreed on final pending cost.
- LPOD Academy will source no more than 3 possible solutions to secure your intensive driving course. It is widely accepted that intensive driving courses are not home pick-up ONLY. In the event of no home pick-up available, we will offer a meet point in your nearest city, test centre or train station. If start-date only courses can’t be matched an alternative date will be arranged. LPOD Academy reserves the right not to be solely subjected to ‘start-only-date’ bookings and home-pick-up location-only bookings. We do require 3 start date options with more than 3 months’ notice. If ONLY one is given we will waiver your non-selected two options and source our own options. If you reject all three offers your course will be cancelled and no refund will be given.
- If home pick-up is required you agree to additional costs to your course booking. Either by taxi costs or additional fees for the ADI to offer home pick-up.
- Start date-only courses waiver the right to a refund on the course booking deposit if LPOD Academy is NOT able to offer your stipulated start date. An alternative start date will be offered as per the original booking. Long term course bookings start date only courses will receive a full refund if more than 6 months has been given and we are unable to fulfill. NB home pick-up is NOT guaranteed at any point as part of your course booking agreement.
- Long-term course bookings are subject to price changes. Upon being ‘matched’ you agree to changes to ‘pending cost’ if your matched driving instructor changes their prices nearer to your course start date.
- If you book a short notice course for ‘as soon as’ for completion and LPOD Academy is unable to secure a suitable driving test appointment you waiver your right to a refund as LPOD Academy can’t be held liable for the DVSA’s testing availability.
- By booking a course with LPOD Academy you are securing training with an instructor and agree to the aforementioned price changes if this is required. Courses are not subject to driving test dates and times.
- LPOD Academy will act in your best interests to secure you the best deal for your intensive driving course. However, this is NOT subject to date only courses, home pick-up ONLY courses and website price only courses, and quick driving test date only courses. Sometimes conditions make it impossible to fulfill our duties so we reserve the right to accept no requests for deposit refunds if we are unable to match your set conditions and criteria. We will offer 3 alternatives for you to consider. If no agreement is made and you have received the three LPOD Academy recommendations we reserve the right to withdraw our services and deem our services completed.
Section 4: Conditions of Intensive Driving Course Booking Refunds
If you wish to cancel your course booking within 14 days of booking a course and have booked a standard course or a long-term course, LPOD Academy will refund any monies within 7 days of written receipt via email firstname.lastname@example.org to the original card.
If more than 14 days have lapsed and you request to cancel the course, you agree that you will lose your booking deposit fee and no refund will be made. The pending course cost of your total course cost will be cancelled and you are no longer contracted to LPOD Academy.
If you book a standard course or a long-term course we will refund your deposit minus £100 admin fee and any booked tests charges and fees if this falls after the 14 day full refund guarantee policy if we are unable to offer an ADI to conduct your course. Excluding the following conditions:
- Start date only courses
- Test centre only courses
- Specific ADI only courses
- Home pick-up only courses
- Car type only courses
- Driving test date only courses
- Multiple location courses
- Gender-specific only courses
LPOD Academy will refund the course deposit -£100 administration fee and non-booked tests if we are unable to provide a driving instructor on all standard course bookings, excluding the conditions mentioned. If tests are booked we will deduct the specific cost of the test under your course booking. This refund will be given to the card that originally was used to book the course. LPOD Academy reserves the right to offer up to 3-course offers. These include
1 Home pick-up, pending cost subject to increase
2 Meet point ONLY course
3 Residential course options ( subject terms and conditions) (minus hotel charges and travel costs)
On long-term course bookings, LPOD Academy will refund the deposit -£100 administration FEE and non-booked tests, if we are unable to offer a suitable course for your specific criteria. If tests are booked we will deduct the specific cost of the test under your course booking. If no course option is accepted we reserve the right not to refund your booking deposit in full. Your specific criteria may include:
- Three options of the start date
- Three options of location
We can’t accept specific conditions on any course booking, including:
- Gender only instructors
- Home pick-up ONLY instructors
- Start date ONLY courses
- Car type ONLY courses
- Unsociable hours only courses (pupil MUST be available for between 8-6 pm Monday to Friday and be FREE as per the ADI’s diary)
- Change of pick-up location
- Change of location ONLY courses
Once a booking is received LPOD Academy will work on behalf of the course booker to provide a suitable course offer with favourable terms. Although we endeavour to match customer’s needs and expectations, we reserve the right to offer three solutions if the first one is rejected.
Section 5 – Driving Tests (Theory and Practical)
In this section, we state our terms and conditions with regard to theory tests and practical test appointments. All courses come with a practical test. Where you have your own active driving test booking at the point of booking, we will offer you an additional test if you do not pass your already booked test. No refunds are to be made for tests at any point.
It is NOT a condition of your course to pass your theory test or to have your test outside of your agreed location. If you arrange a course with LPOD Academy and change your driving test with less than 28 days’ notice, LPOD Academy reserves the right not to accommodate your test appointment with a course. If you change your test location and LPOD Academy’s instructor doesn’t cover the new test location, we also reserve the right not to refund your course deposit. By booking a course with LPOD Academy you agree to:
- Driving tests are not a condition of your intensive driving course. Once agreed to location can’t be changed. If less than 28 days’ notice has been given, you are still liable for the pending cost of your course.
- You agree to allow us to manage your test appointment using third-party apps/staff.
- If you change your test appointment and your instructor is NOT FREE, and it is before you have completed your course, we reserve the right to cancel your course including any unused hours of your intensive course. Subject to driving instructor’s decision.
- No cash refunds will be given on any part of the course deposit where any FREE tests have been agreed upon. If a test has been booked you lose the right to a refund on this part of the course booking. Specific test charges apply.
- Give us sole permission to change your driving test appointment and agree to manage your test booking in its entirety. If you CHANGE your own booking and this falls outside of the agreed course conditions, you accept that your course is still chargeable and active.
- If you change an already agreed test appointment your course booking is still under these terms and conditions and that of your driving instructor’s terms and conditions.
- Passing a theory test is not part of the conditions of your course booking. No delay of course will be made if it falls within 28 days of your agreed start date.
- If 6 months lapses and you haven’t passed your theory test you waiver the right to a refund on your practical test. We will extend the practical test for another 3 months but this is NOT subject to your original course offer and solely a booking task of LPOD Academy. No cancellation checks will be made and 100% test management will be given to the learner.
- Not receiving your provisional licence is not a condition of your course booking. If you do not receive your provisional licence and we are not able to offer a short notice course within 6 months (once you have your licence) your course will be cancelled.
- If no agreed start date is made within 4 months of the point of booking, you lose your right to a refund and the full course cost is payable. Unless stipulated at point of booking – long-term course bookings.
- Losing your provisional driving licence is not a condition of attending your course or driving test and you will lose your booking deposit and course fee if the driving instructor is not able to deliver the course due to lost, stolen, or out-of-date provisional licences.
- If you are eligible for a FREE retest, this will be noted on your ‘booking confirmation email at the point of booking. Usually received within 48 hours once you have submitted your details.
- Any FREE theory test will be forfeited if you fail to turn up to a theory test appointment for any reason. You also give us permission to check the status of your theory test appointment.
- Any FREE practical test should be requested in writing within 7 days of a practical test fail. If this is NOT done, LPOD Academy reserves the right to cancel your FREE practical test. Please email email@example.com
- You agree (course candidate) to have the correct documentation for all of your appointments. LPOD Academy can’t accept liability if you do not have the correct documentation for your tests.
- Any appointments booked by LPOD Academy will be sent via email and not text message. Pupils can check their test status at any time by using their own credentials. Not receiving an email with test appointments is not the liability of LPOD Academy. We will keep a digital footprint of any emails sent if this arises. If you expect to have an appointment it is your responsibility to get in touch or check the system with your own appointments.
- Theory appointments outside of your course booking are subject to a booking fee of £34.99
- Practical test appointments outside of your course booking are subject to a fee of £99.
- If you change your practical driving test and your driving instructor is not able to accommodate your training hours or the practical test, you are required to move your test date back and the full course fee is still payable under the conditions of this course.
- LPOD Academy refuses to accept any cancellation test dates made by the student with less than 28 days’ notice and not having prior agreement with a driving instructor in place.
- If you are matched with an instructor and you gain a cancellation test appointment, it is at the discretion of the driving instructor and not LPOD Academy. If the test appointment can’t be fulfilled and it is prior to your agreed course appointment your remaining balance is still payable to your driving instructor.
- Failure to pay for a course when you make alternative arrangements. Your matched instructor will take you to the small claims court to seek payment.
- You give LPOD Academy permission to book a theory test appointment at your nearest three theory centre locations. If you are not able to travel to other locations please state this at the point of booking.
- LPOD Academy does not manage theory test appointments. If you are unable to attend a theory test appointment please change this yourself to a more suitable time. LPOD Academy can’t be held responsible for lost fees due to not being available.
- LPOD Academy does not manage FREE practical tests. If we receive writing within 7 days of a fail and you are eligible LPOD Academy will book a practical test at the nearest date and location available. It is your responsibility to change this appointment and liaise with your instructor for additional hours that are needed.
- If you require a cancellation checker ONLY we charge a fee of £19.99.
- If you have your own active test booking and pass, LPOD Academy doesn’t give cash refunds on any reserved test appointments. NO test appointment can be transferred to another location or person without a fee of £19.99 to use third-party apps.
- If you change your test appointment and have booked a course and we are unable to fulfill it due to the instructor’s prior commitments you are still liable for the pending course cost if less than 28 days notice has been given. If you pass your test with another instructor your course booking will turn into a non-test course, and these terms and conditions are still active.
Section 6 – Matched Courses With Pupil and Instructor
Upon booking a course, a new contract between pupil and instructor will be agreed. This contract will be sent once an agreed course has been made. The pupil receiving the course will be under the agreement of terms and conditions with the driving instructor. These terms and conditions will include:
- Terms and conditions of the course delivered
- The instructor’s/LPOD’s cancellation policy
- Payment dates
- Agreed course hours, pick-up point, duration of lessons.
- Driving test appointment (pending, active, or confirmed)
- Changes/cancellations to course hours (notice needed)
- Theory test cancellation policy
- Driving test cancellation policy
- Guide to your intensive driving course
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Complaints procedure
A cancelled course is a course cancelled in its entirety. We stipulate that courses can ONLY be cancelled with 28 days or more notice given in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If 28 days notice is not given the full course is still payable to the driving instructor. If payment is not received the ADI will take legal action through the small claims court to secure payment. The course will be cancelled and no lessons given. At no point, payment must be received prior to any training. If pupil and ADI create a new agreement, LPOD Academy will cancel the agreement with the course booker with immediate effect. Any negative feedback which goes against these terms and conditions will be treated as liable and legal action will be taken.
Section 7 – Residential courses
LPOD Academy offers residential courses throughout the UK. However unlike, local courses specific conditions need to be met. These include:
- Theory must be passed with more than 6 months of the expiry
- Practical test booked at a local centre (Friday afternoon)
- Training hours will be increased to maximize course delivery and reduce hotel fees.
Upon booking please state if you require a residential course and a bespoke plan and a quote will be given to you.
We currently offer these locations:
- Milton Keynes
- North London (Barnet and Enfield)
Section 8 – Students, Apprenticeships, And Scholarships
Courses for students should ONLY be booked for a school holiday start date. Courses during term time are not advised due to the condensed nature of intensive driving courses. If we can’t offer a course at the next available school holiday, we reserve the right to seek two further school holiday options. If you book a course under our short-notice course policy you automatically lose your refund entitlement. If you don’t accept our options, a term-time booking will be offered within the hours of 8-6 pm Monday to Friday only. This is not for school pick-up and is subject to the driving instructor’s diary only unless we can get writen acceptance of an instructor wavering this term and condition.
Where courses are booked by a university student – the student accepts that all courses are subject to location of original booking unless stipulated at point of booking. No course can be transferred between locations unless prior consent is made by LPOD Academy.
If you do your training in one location but want a test at a different location you will make your own private arrangements to secure a driving instructor to take you to the test. Your matched instructor is in agreement to offer the training hours regardless of where you end up taking the test. If the test is not local, LPOD Academy reserves the right not to offer a driving instructor for your test under the original agreement of the course options, if the driving test centre falls outside of the driving instructor’s working area.
Section 9 – Complaints Procedure
Our complaints procedure should be followed if you need to raise a complaint with LPOD Academy.
- Email email@example.com within 7 days of being aware of the complaint. Include your reasons and any evidence.
- Please allow 7 days for LPOD Academy to respond to your complaint. We need time to research your complaint and conduct any investigations.
- We will endeavor to solve your complaint and provide you with an outcome.
- We can’t accept complaints on the phone. Please email using the above email address.
- If more than 7 days have lapsed, or your course has been completed and no complaints have been received we reserve the right not to respond to your complaint.
- If any negative feedback has been left prior to receiving your complaint and we deem your feedback factually incorrect we may seek advice from our legal representatives and bring about legal action for any defamatory feedback.
Instructor and Course Candidate Terms and Conditions
The instructor agrees to:
1.1 Abide by the DVSA’s code of conduct and present the course candidate with any terms and conditions that are not subject to LPOD Academy’s terms and conditions. The driving instructor agrees to offer, book, and conduct the stipulated course hours within the framework of intensive driving courses (unless mutually agreed by pupil and instructor). The instructor agrees to reserve the remaining course hours for the driving test if this is applicable and if the course candidate is a suitable candidate for a driving test.
1.1a To inform the student of any illness straight away. Also to inform the student of contact, quarantine, and cancellations related to coronavirus pandemic. Agrees to book any lessons at a later date to resume course.
1.1b The instructor agrees to follow these terms and conditions and agrees to execute them when needed.
1.2 Abide by any industry-related advice that is coronavirus-related.
1.3 The instructor agrees to provide the student with a comprehensive training plan that consists of a minimum of 60% of the total course hours (75% if test booked) prior to a practical test booking being made. Where the student has not yet passed the theory test, any remaining hours will be subject to booking at a later date to coincide with the practical test.
1.4 The instructor agrees to communicate via phone, Facebook, or email with the client within a reasonable time frame (48 hours)
1.5 The instructor agrees to answer any questions that are relevant to the course booking with the student.
1.6 The instructor agrees to provide a receipt of payment received from the student when requested.
1.7 The instructor agrees to request payment and receive payment from the learner no later than 21 days prior to course commencing. If not, LPOD Academy can’t act upon their behalf with respect to payment issues.
1.8 The instructor agrees to make contact with the student upon LPOD Academy releasing the candidate’s contact details within a timely manner of 72 hours.
1.9 The instructor agrees to inform the student of any delays, mechanical breakdowns, diary changes or ill health straight away to the client.
2.0 The instructor agrees to keep constant communication with their student throughout the intensive driving course. If the pupil is not test ready, they will inform them at the earliest opportunity or by 50% of course delivered.
2.1 The instructor agrees to keep relevant paperwork of the student’s progress. This can be in the form of written or digital and will make this available on request of the learner driver.
2.2 The instructor agrees to keep evidence of any hours had with the learner driver signed if needed.
2.3 The instructor agrees to consider leniency where coronavirus implications arise and honour unused hours with regards to isolating requests made by NHS track and trace.
2.4 The instructor agrees to fulfill their obligations of the course with the student including the use of the car on the driving test under the cost of the original booking.
2.5 The instructor agrees to a partial refund where this has been agreed by both parties and to be made within 7 days.
2.6 The instructor agrees to keep to a timely schedule with start times and dates. In the event of traffic or mechanical breakdown, the instructor agrees to communicate with the student in the first instance.
2.7 The instructor agrees to inform the student of any illness in the first instance.
2.8 The instructor agrees to communicate with LPOD Academy to pre-determine the best date for the driving test.
2.9 The driving instructor agrees to respond to any emails from LPOD Academy within 48 hours.
3.0 The instructor agrees to keep a valid ADI badge in the car and to attend any check tests when required to by the DVSA.
3.1 The instructor agrees to maintain professional working conduct and manner when delivering the intensive driving course.
3.2 The instructor agrees to keep a legal, safe and roadworthy vehicle for tuition purposes.
3.3 The instructor agrees to have appropriate learner driver car insurance for tuition and testing purposes.
3.4 The instructor agrees to maintain a high level of cleanliness when conducting driving lessons/courses.
3.5 The instructor agrees to reconsider their proposed terms and conditions regarding student cancellations under extreme circumstances. Ie death, hospitalization of the course candidate
3.6 The instructor agrees to be flexible where coronavirus lockdowns and test cancellations occur with regards to lost hours.
3.7 The instructor agrees to amend any changes to their diary needed due to other students’ test bookings to inform the course candidate asap. Also to re-book any missed hours at the earliest convenience to the pupil.
3.8 The instructor agrees to inform the student throughout the course of their progress. Where possible if the candidate is not going to be ready for the test within the proposed hours booked to keep the pupil informed at their earliest convenience.
3.9 The instructor agrees to maintain a high level of customer service and comply with data protection laws and GDPR.
4.0 The instructor gets permission to get a pass picture with agreement from the learner to pass onto LPOD Academy for social media marketing. (where applicable)
4.1 The instructor agrees to call the student on receipt of pupils details by LPOD Academy within 72 hours of details being sent.
The pupil agrees to
1.1 Be available for the course once an agreed start date has been made. The pupil understands and agrees to the conditions of intensive lessons and will make themselves be available for their course. The ADI is within their right to cancel the course in its entirety if the pupil cancels 2+ consecutive course training days, becomes unavailable to complete all the hours within three months of the agreed start date. The pupil also understands that the instructor will offer dates and timings for the agreed amount of hours of the course. If the pupil does not accept the hours the instructor offers, and any secondary options, the pupil agrees to the cancellation of the course. Hours had is not a condition of the course booking. Hours offered and attend are.
Intensive driving courses are not weekly driving lessons. Stricter terms and conditions apply due to the nature of the course bookings. Unless an agreed plan is made by the pupil and the instructor that falls outside of LPOD recommended terms and conditions.
1.2 The pupil agrees to be able to read a number plate from the required distance. If they are not able to, they agree to the course being cancelled and full payment being lost.
1.3 The pupil agrees to provide details to the driving instructor when requested for provisional licence checks.
1.4 The pupil agrees to forfeit booked hours into the instructor’s diary if they delay the licence checks.
1.4a) The pupil agrees to attend the training sessions with cleanliness in mind. Bad body odour and unwashed clothes can be an uncomfortable experience for other parties. Pupils should facilitate cleanliness where possible, and be respectful of the driving instructor’s car, presence and working environment. This also applies to the ADI.
1.5 The pupil agrees to disclose any medications/substances to the instructor that could impact their ability and legal duties when learning to drive and accepts that the course will be cancelled and no refund will be given if the driving instructor suspects that the pupil in question is under the influence of prescribed or illegal medication or substance and is displaying signs that could impact the learner’s ability to drive.
1.5 a) The pupil agrees to communicate with the driving instructor in a timely manner. If 7 days lapses without contact from the student prior to meeting the instructor reserves the right to cancel the course with immediate effect. LPOD Academy will ONLY take action once information has been received from the instructor that no contact has been made. An email will be sent by LPOD Academy detailing the cancellation of the course booking. If contact has not been made the course will be cancelled with immediate effect if there is no contact within 24 hours of the email being sent. If the student experiences extreme circumstances such as illness, hospitalization, or any other abnormal scenario – this will be reviewed on a case-per-case basis. To which evidence will be required to seize course cancellation.
1.6 The pupil agrees to turn up to training in a fit state for learning. The instructor can cancel and charge for any lessons he/she decides to be cancelled due to ill health, tiredness and drug/alcohol misuse or prescription drugs. If pupil is ill, is showing symptoms due to coronavirus been tested, or in quarantine to notify their driving instructor prior to any training. Otherwise, we deem this against government guidelines
1.7 The pupil agrees to be ready to start at the agreed time of lesson booking. Any late arrival will be deducted from total less time.
1.8 The pupil agrees to be understanding for the occasional late arrival if the instructor can communicate at the earliest convenience, due to traffic, accient, or mechanical breakdown.
1.9 The learner will understand and agree to the instructor’s lesson/course cancellation policy and not asking to see the ADI’s cancellation policy doesn’t make it not active.
2.0 The learner agrees to settle the payment no later than 21 days prior to the start of the intensive driving course otherwise the course will be cancelled and full payment will be sought by the small claims court by the driving instructor.
2.1 The learner agrees to wear appropriate footwear when conducting driving lessons and understands barefoot, flip flops, high heels, open-backed shoes may be hazardous.
2.2 The learner agrees to wear appropriate clothing when having driving lessons and some driving instructors may find offensive/uncomfortable:
- Short skirts
- Minimal chest coverage both male and female
2.3 The learner agrees to bring their glasses or contact lenses when legally required to all driving lessons’ and a face mask when permitted to do so by the DVSA. The learner also accepts the loss of course if they aren’t legally allowed to drive.
2.4 The learner agrees to be open-minded to learning to drive and to engage positively with the driving instructor at all times.
2.5 The learner agrees to communicate with the driving instructor within a reasonable time frame 48 hours once they have met the driving instructor. If 48 hours lapses and no communication has been received the learner agrees to waiver any miscommunications, lessons cancelled or change of circumstance if the ADI has given enough time.
2.6 The learner agrees to accept any speeding/driving convictions that will be passed on to the learner by the driving instructor when this arises.
2.7 The learner agrees that the pick-up address as part of the original course booking is to remain the same unless they agree mutually with their driving instructor. Any additional travel time associated will be included in all given hours by the driving instructor if this impacts the original course agreement.
2.8 The learner agrees to communicate with the instructor if they need to move training hours due to life commitments, family commitments, childcare, work commitments or health-related appointments. The pupil agrees to be mindful of the instructor’s terms and conditions upon cancelling any training hours. If needed, the instructor can use their discretion whether they charge or not. LPOD’s cancellation policy is:
- Course cancelled/moved back later date – minimum 28 days notice otherwise full course fee is due.
- Test change (by candidate) 28 days notice minimum, and not before the agreed course start date
- Training session cancellation policy:
2 hours (48 hours notice)
3 hours ( 4 days notice)
4 hours (6 days notice)
5+ hours ( 7 days notice)
If two or more consecutive training days are cancelled outside of the cancellation policy your driving instructor reserves the right to charge for the second and multiple days of training cancelled as part of your course. Excluding special circumstances: hospitalization, a long-term health condition which may impact your driving.
2.9 The pupil understands that any test bookings may need to be changed due to missed training or to not being ready for a driving test
3.0 The pupil agrees and understands that the driving instructor makes the final decision as to whether the pupil is able to sit a driving test. Any tests moved by the pupil dismisses LPOD Academy’s responsibility when it comes to managing any test dates.
3.1 The pupil will trust the instructor’s professional judgment when it comes to being ready for a driving test. If additional training is required, the instructor will discuss this with the student at the earliest opportunity. Any test appointments will need to be moved or rescheduled or an alternative plan made by the learner if they want to take the test in their own car.
3.2 The pupil agrees that LPOD Academy is not responsible for whether the instructor deems the pupil not ready for a driving test.
3.3 During the pandemic, the pupil agrees to keep to the advised guidelines as set by the government and the DVSA.
3.4 The pupil agrees to be lenient where any changes are necessary regarding course bookings due to any lockdowns, isolations or illness related to coronavirus.
3.5 The pupil agrees to only book time off work once the driving instructor has agreed the times and dates with them on the phone.
3.6 The pupil agrees to notify LPOD Academy on the first day any problem arises with the driving instructor
3.7 The pupil agrees that a replacement instructor will not be offered as per this booking. Any monies that the instructor and pupil agree to are strictly between the pupil and instructor
3.8 The pupil agrees that the terms and conditions set by LPOD Academy are enforceable by LPOD Academy whether it’s against the instructor or the student.
3.9 The student agrees to change the test booking if the test date is not convenient or the instructor is not able to do due to other test bookings.
4.0 The student agrees and understands that due to GDPR we are unable to hold personal information longer than is required for LPOD Academy to provide our services. Once we have provided our services we delete all data
4.1 The student understands their contractual agreements and that upon matching with an instructor and agreeing mutually a plan for the intensive driving course LPOD Academy has fulfilled their duties in providing this service.
4.2 If a fast track service has been purchased the student agrees to LPOD Academy using the learner driver’s mobile number for cancellations to come through.
4.3 The learner driver agrees to abide by the DVSA’s guidelines and rules and provide their provisional licence at the point of the test. If not, the pupil will lose their test fee and any hours booked in with the driving instructor will be forfeited.
4.4 The pupil gives LPOD Academy permission to book their theory test at a centre nearest to them approximately 3-4 weeks after course booking has been made with LPOD Academy.
4.5 The pupil agrees to and understands that any changes to any theory test appointment are made by the learner driver and not LPOD Academy. Any missed appointments will result in a lost fee. LPOD Academy can’t be held responsible for test changes or missed appointments.
4.6 The pupil agrees to the DVSA’s test cancellation time frames and is compliant with these. 3 working days for theory test and 5 working days for a practical test.
4.7 The pupil agrees to confirm with the driving instructor of any ill health, pregnancy, mental health issues at the point of meeting or diagnosis. LPOD Academy can’t be held responsible for any related undisclosed health or mental conditions at the point of booking or starting the intensive driving course. If a course needs to be cancelled due to the aforementioned health-related issues, it is at the discretion of the driving instructor whether the pupil forfeits their course fee or if an alternative offer is given.
4.8 The pupil agrees that LPOD Academy’s guidelines are based upon the DVSA’s recommended hours needed to become test standard which is 47 hours of professional tuition and 22 hours of private practice. If a course is booked whereby, the pupil has not had enough experience prior training, the pupil agrees the test may not go ahead unless additional training has been agreed and booked and any money is paid directly to the instructor for their hourly rate.
4.9 The pupil agrees to inform us of any test result on test day via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any pictures taken by the instructor can be used by LPOD Academy for marketing purposes.
5.0 The pupil agrees to communicate in the first instance with LPOD Academy and the driving instructor with regard any concerns and/or disputes prior to leaving negative feedback on any of our platforms. Where LPOD Academy deem any feedback unjustified or unfair we will seek advice from legal representatives. We do ask that we are given the opportunity to resolve issues to reflect our company values prior to negative feedback being left on our platforms.
5.1 a) if negative feedback is left, please do the following:
- Do not mention names of ADI’s or staff members
- Keep your feedback factually correct
5.1 The pupil agrees to add any additional hours with the driving instructor at their hourly rate based on the instructor’s terms and conditions.
5.5 The pupil agrees to get any hours they’ve had signed off by the instructor in case of any disputes.
5.6 The pupil agrees to and understands the role of LPOD Academy. We are a booking agency for intensive driving courses. Once we have fulfilled our service the contract lays between the pupil and the driving instructor.
5.7 The pupil agrees to discuss with the instructor upon first contact any additional terms and conditions as laid out by the instructor. The pupil agrees to ask the instructor many questions as to ascertain whether they will be a good match. The pupil agrees to contact LPOD Academy on the same day if they don’t feel they will be suited and an explanation in writing as to why be sent to us via email. Once a plan of training has been agreed, LPOD Academy has fulfilled the booking and the pupil is liable for any remaining payments no later than 21 days prior to the intensive driving course starting to the driving instructor.
5.8 If payment is not received at the latest 21 days prior to the course start date, the course will be cancelled with immediate effect and a charge of 50% of the remaining course fee will still be due to the driving instructor. Unless the ADI agrees not to. LPOD Academy will support the ADI to claim any monies owing to them using legal avenues.
5.9 The pupil agrees that if they arrange training prior to the original course start date LPOD Academy reserves the right to waiver any responsibility for training and contractual agreements made by the student and the instructor. LPOD Academy will deem the course complete and waiver any duties towards both instructor and pupil.
6.0 The pupil agrees to and understands that on some occasions intensive driving courses don’t always go to plan. They are also in agreement with any training being offered at a later date if a reasonable explanation can be offered by the instructor. LPOD Academy will act as an advisor for both parties. Reasonable circumstances include instructor illness, accidents, car breakdowns, mechanical breakdowns, extreme weather conditions, driving test cancellations, examiner strikes, death, hospitalization, coronavirus-related issues. If courses need to be finished at a later date we will endeavour to arrange this within a 6-month window of your original course start date.
6.1 The pupil agrees to the condition of a test and a retest and the instructor isn’t available we are not obliged to provide another instructor or car for a practical test appointment.
6.2 The pupil agrees that if they fail a theory test appointment the course can’t be moved if less than 4 weeks notice is given. Unless written consent by the instructor is given to you without any financial forfeit.
6.3 The pupil agrees to and understands that LPOD Academy will endeavour to book a test for the end of their course. However, we reserve the right to book a test within 10 weeks of the end of your course. If you have purchased the cancellation checker service we will arrange this service to be using your mobile phone and email. During the pandemic and recovery phase, we will aim to offer a test date within 6 months.
6.4 In the event of the course booked being a surprise gift – the course booker (deposit payer) is responsible for the arrangement, of course, hours with the nominated driving instructor on behalf of course receiver and therefore agrees to in full these terms and conditions and agrees to the remaining course payment due to the driving instructor 21 days prior to the agreed course start date.
6.6 The pupil accepts that LPOD Academy reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time, so will refer to it for guidance regularly if in doubt.
6.7 The pupil agrees to confirm in writing by email of any failed tests within 7 days of test fail to claim a FREE retest. Send email to email@example.com
6.7a The pupil understands that by giving LPOD Academy permission to secure a test date, sometimes we reserve test dates in other candidates names with view to best serve the students of LPOD Academy. Some tests can ONLY be swapped by calling the DVSA. We exclude the right to withhold emailing you if your test date is booked at another test centre whilst we await to swap your test date with either a cancellation app or an in-house swap with another LPOD candidate.
6.7b If you have an ideal test date, and don’t agree to a start date with your driving instructor within 7 days of contact, we reserve the right to change your driving test appointment with another candidate and cancel your course booking. No refunds will be given and your course will be cancelled in its entirety unless we have written confirmation as to why you can’t agree to a start date with your nominated driving instructor within 7 days of your driving instructor making contact.
6.9 If at any stage throughout the course any verbal or physical assault occurs LPOD Academy will take the appropriate actions in supporting either the instructor or the pupil where appropriate. This includes verbal insults, name-calling, shouting, aggression, slander, swearing, road rage or physical assault. LPOD Academy reserves the right to cancel the course in retrospect and will follow the same protocols as per the DVSA’s examiners on driving tests. Where possible, please keep evidence and records so we can assist the party with advice and action where appropriate.
7.0 If at any stage the pupil deems the course unsuitable due to learning style, struggles or makes a private agreement to cancel or moves the course with the instructor, the pupil will negotiate new terms and conditions with the instructor and/or seek a refund via the instructor. LPOD Academy has fulfilled its obligations to course candidates and can’t be held responsible for any refunds. This MUST be made between driving instructor and pupil.
7.1 If at any stage the student agrees with the instructor to cancel the course for whatever reason, and a new ADI is offered. This is a private agreement between both parties. LPOD Academy reserves the right to end the contract of the original course booking and deem services complete. Where applicable, refunds from the ADI will be made to the pupil where mutual agreement has been made. The refunded course fee is subject to new prices reflective of the new ADI’s hourly rate and terms and conditions of business. Where possible, please ask your driving instructor’s new terms and conditions to avoid any future disputes.
7.2 The pupil agrees to the terms and conditions of this course booking. Once the pupil agrees to the arrangement with the instructor the pending cost is payable. If the student needs to cancel the course and has completed the payment, has yet to start, has started or the course has been placed on hold, no refunds on courses will be given if less than 28 days notice from the original start date hasn’t been given. We can’t accept change of location, change of job, change of instructor on each course booking. Hours will be banked (with the agreement of the ADI) with a 6 month period from the point of the original start date. If 6 months lapses the instructor reserves the right not to refund any unused hours for the course.
7.3 Where an instructor cancels the course and agrees to a refund, the learner accepts that the deposit is non-refundable due to being matched with an instructor. LPOD Academy can’t be held liable to personal disputes between students and ADI.
7.3 a) Where the instructor cancels the course and refuses a refund on the hours owing, LPOD Academy will work on behalf of the learner to facilitate a peaceful resolution to serve both parties.