Terms & Conditions
LPOD Academy is a booking agency whereby we match pupils with driving instructors for intensive driving courses. We act in the interest of the driving instructor and the pupil (learner driver). The booking deposit is payable on booking a course, once a booking has been matched and agreed by both parties (pupil and driving instructor), the booking is complete and the deposit is NON-refundable to the pupil. LPOD Academy will assign all courses within 14 days. If courses cannot be assigned then a full refund will be given. From point of booking – you the pupil have 14 days to request a refund in the event you change your mind. This must be sent in writing by email to email@example.com. If driving tests have been booked, associated costs will be deducted from the booking deposit and any partial refunds will be paid via PayPal. The deposit covers our administration duties, welcome packs, online content, test bookings, cancellation bookings, and instructor assignments and recruitment.
Two weeks notice is also required to cancel a course otherwise full course cost will be chargeable. All of our driving instructors are self-employed, and dedicate their working week to intensive driving courses. If courses are cancelled with less than two weeks notice – the remaining course cost will be liable to the driving instructor in question. LPOD Academy prides itself on working with good local driving instructors so, in their best interest, we will support them in any payment disputes.
In the event of payment disputes, and cheques not clearing, or our terms and conditions not met, we will support the self-employed instructor to claim loss of earnings through third party debt collection agencies. We are very strict on payment of course bookings – due to the nature of our industry. Intensive driving course instructors rely on their courses to be fulfilled. Often, things won’t go to plan due to external factors. Other course dates will be offered as a replacement in the event of car breakdowns, instructor sickness. LPOD Academy will NOT be held responsible for agreements made between instructor and pupil. All students who are 17 will need to pay the full course amount 2 weeks prior to their course, otherwise the course shall be cancelled. This term and condition has been put into place to protect driving instructors as minors can’t be liable for contractual agreements.
Remaining course payment MUST be paid to the driving instructor before the course starts or at the start of day one. Acceptable forms of payment include Cheque, cash and bank transfer. IF cheques are to be used for payment, funds MUST be cleared prior to the start of the course. If PayPal is required for the remaining course balance, then a surcharge of 4% will be added to the final invoice amount, this is to cover PayPal charges.
If the pupil is under 18 years of age: the remaining payment MUST be settled 2 weeks prior to the start of the course. This is due to being under eighteen years of age. If payment is NOT received 2 weeks before the course start date, the course will be cancelled and the deposit will NOT Be refunded.
If payment is NOT received or clear at the start of the course, the driving course will NOT Commence, and full course will be chargeable. Due to instructor wages, car insurance and public liability insurance, car maintenance and fuel – this is a very strict policy of LPOD Academy.
Driving tests are part of our intensive driving course bookings. At no stage do LPOD Academy guarantee a practical test date at the end of the course. We require 3 test centre options, and we aim to match 90% of our students to their first test centre option. However- due to seasonal restraints, long waiting lists, test dates can sometimes be hard to get hold of. When booking a course with LPOD Academy you are also paying for a cancellation checker service. This service enables us to find and locate earlier test dates than normal. We aim to match a test date within 2 weeks of the end of your training course. However – sometimes, this may be longer. We reserve the right to NOT stipulate a time frame for the practical test due to circumstances out of our control. All pupils will have a test, otherwise, the test fee itself shall be refunded without question.
Usually, the driving instructor will hold back 5 hours (or so) of the course hours, to finish off training around the test date and time. If the driving instructor feels the candidate is NOT tested ready, they can refuse to present their student to test. All of our driving instructors are honest, and if they believe the pupil is NOT test ready, they will advise the candidate accordingly. If the pupil refuses to have more training, then the instructor is within their own right to refuse their car for test. No refunds will be given unless agreed by instructor and pupil.
Driving Test Cancellations
On some occasions driving tests will be cancelled due to the following circumstances.
- Bad weather conditions
- Examiner sickness
- Examiner strikes
- Mechanical breakdown
LPOD Academy does NOT take any responsibility for the DVSA cancelling driving tests, nor the driving instructor’s car condition. If the test was refused due to the car’s condition, the driving instructor will be liable to cover the cost of the new driving exam. When a test is booked the student is hiring the car for the driving test exam. In the event of an accident and the driving instructor’s car is NOT able to be used for the driving test, this liability lies with the learner driver. However, if 48 hours or less has been given, liability is with the driving instructor to cover new driving test costs. If the DVSA cancels the driving test, any hours owing to the driving instructor will be chargeable. IN this event, it is the pupil’s responsibility to claim expenses back from the DVSA. A form to download can be found here.
Once you book online, LPOD Academy will be in touch within 48 hours to discuss your course. If you are not reachable by phone, then an email will be sent. If 7 days lapses, without contact by the pupil, then deposit is NON-refundable.
Course Booking Confirmation
A successful course booking, is when LPOD Academy LTD matches a pupil with a driving instructor. Both parties agree a start date for the course.
Please NOTE: dates and times of the course are to be arranged with the driving instructor as per their diary. Sometimes, course training days may start at different times due to other pupil’s driving tests from previous weeks. Your driving instructor will liase with you all times and dates when discussing your course on the phone. If any driving training days are cancelled by the driving instructor due to mechanical breakdown or other unavoidable situations, a replacement training day shall be offered or a refund of hours owing. LPOD Academy does NOT accept responsibility for refunds of hours owing or due to the driving instructor cancelling a day’s training.
- Times and dates, of course, to be arranged with driving instructor
- Remaining payment is due to the driving instructor at the start of the course
- Any refunds owing, are payable by the driving instructor.
- All lessons will be signed for on completed training days
- Hours will be kept back and assigned to driving tests
- Courses can start on weekends
- Training days can be booked for evenings and weekends as well as daytime starts.
- The driving instructor can change appointment times with 24 hours notice. Due to car maintenance and other driving test commitments.
- All communications should be between driving instructor and pupil throughout the training.
- Complaints about our driving instructors can be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We review our instructors and seek feedback from our students.
Theory Test Bookings & Course Information
If you book your driving course on the same week as your theory test your driving course hours will be used up. Unless agreed mutually with your driving instructor. On some occasions, pupils may fail their theory test and another appointment will be needed. Appointment times can vary from centre to centre, as much as 4 weeks. We can NOT book a driving test until the learner driver has passed their theory test. You will need to discuss this situation with your driving instructor and agree on an outcome. Sometimes, the driving instructor will hold back some hours for when you have completed your driving course. IN this eventuality, you may be required to have additional training hours due to the time lapse. LPOD Academy cannot guarantee a driving test date the same week you pass your theory test. This is dependent on your driving instructor’s commitments and current driving test commitments. However, a driving test will be found at the nearest point and location available.
Not all courses are straightforward, due to many situations and factors. Your course is intensive, and when we say intensive – you learn to drive within 1 week -4 weeks, whereby a ‘normal’ pupil will learn to drive over a years duration.
Driving Test Bookings & Confirmation
LPOD Academy prides itself on providing a convenient service to our pupils. Unlike pas-as-go, where the learner learns to drive over a 6-12 month period, our courses are designed for busy people with restricted time and availability. No learner is the same. Although the average learner driver will have approximately 40 + hours, our courses and content has been designed to teach learner drivers to drive in a shorted period of time. We at NO stage GUARANTEE a driving test appointment for the end of your training week. NO company can guarantee this!! Here is a guide to our policies:
- Courses booked with 1-3 weeks notice: test bookings can be up-to 6 weeks beyond the last training day.
- Courses booked with 3-6 weeks notice: test bookings can be up-to 3 weeks beyond the last training day.
- Courses booked with 6-8 weeks notice: test bookings can be up-to 2 weeks beyond the last training day.
- Courses booked with 10+ weeks notice: test bookings will be within a week of the last training day.
However – our admin team, and our third party cancellation service can often (80%) of the time find qucik test dates. However, not on all occasions. LPOD Academy does NOT guarantee a test within a certain time frame. But, we do promise to do everything we can to get your test appointment as close to your training course as possible. Somtimes, test waiting times can increase in the summer holidays, and on other occasions throughout the year. In short, their is an exmainer shortage nationally, and sometimes examiner sickness or retirement can throw test waiting times longer. NO company can guarantee a test date! If they do, they are NOT being honest! LPOD Academy checks the DVSA’s website every hour on or candidates behalf, and our cancellation booking service also checks every 10 minutes.
We work ONLY with reputable driving instructors. We Do NOT want to work with unreliable, rude ADI’s. As this is NOT a healthy apporach to our business ethics. All of our driving instructors supply a clean, well maintained car, and all cars are insured for learner drivers. Pupils can request conformation of car insurance from their appointed driving instructor at any time. All instructor’s abide by the DVSA’s code of conduct and are regulated by the DVSA. We work with green/pink badge instructors. We require all of our students to be respectful to our driving instructors and to maintain a healthy relationship whilst on the course. Communication is vital to the success of all courses, and sometimes factors can affect the progress of the course.
LPOD Academy is a booking agency on behalf of learner drivers and driving instructors. We work with established driving schools and their car livery may contain their local advertising banners. We outsource work to local instructors to sub their weekly hours. However – we unite as a profession and work to give the best service to our learner drivers.
We can NOT always guarantee your preferred choice of instructor, and no refunds will be given in the event of you NOT wanting to continue, or NOT get on with your driving instructor. Any course refunds must be given or mutually agreed with the driving instructor.
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that all pupils have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions as stated below.
By booking a course of driving lessons with intensive driving courses UK you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
•‘you’ means the person named on the booking form as the pupil
•‘we’ ‘us’ means The self-employed instructor
•‘the driving school’ ‘LPOD Academy’ and ‘LPOD Academy LTD’ means the driving school administering the provision of the driving course, booking the tests and allocating you to a self-employed- subcontractor who is a registered DVSA driving instructor.
1 All courses booked are for the total combined on-road driving tuition hours that include the time for the practical test and the drive home afterwards. Any additional hours needed will NEED to be negotiated with the instructor and payment given to them. Sometimes extra hours are needed, so all out ADIs (driving instructors) understand and will accommodate extra hours of training in most cases.
2. If we book a theory test on the week of your course – we will try to allocate that days training to commence either before or after your theory test. If transport is needed to coincide within your hours booked for that day then the time taken during the theory test will account as part of that day’s training schedule. When booking courses – you ADI (driving instructor) will work with your diary and be flexible to your course hours.
3. All pupils must pass the legal required eyesight test (20.5m or 67 ft). This will normally be conducted by your driving instructor on the first lesson, should you fail the eyesight check the course would have to be abandoned until you have corrected your eyesight. Any agreed hours booked in with the instructor would be lost. Please check you can read a number plate from the required distance prior to booking your course to avoid this eventuality.
4. If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case you will lose your test fee and will not be offered a refund of any unused hours or any deposit or test fees.
5. The prices quoted on the course guide include any tests you need, which we book and organise for you. The cost of your theory test-retest is £30. The cost of your practical test-retest is usually £85 on a weekday, however tests offered at weekends, or outside of normal working hours is £113. Extended driving tests are £62 extra on top of the standard above fee’s, and we should be notified on booking if you require an extended driving test, so we can send you the correct invoice for deposit payment. Once these tests are booked for you they are non-refundable. Please note you can book these tests yourself for less (£23 for a theory test or £62 for a standard weekday practical driving test, £75 for a weekend test or £124 for an extended test) on the official DVSA booking website. BUT you would have to generally wait on the standard waiting list, for example 10 to 12 weeks for a practical, plus find your own cancellations. Your payment to us includes costs to manage your booking which includes obtaining quick cancellations for both the theory and practical tests. However – at no stage do we guarantee a test within a certain time frame. You will have a driving test, but this sometimes is out of our control. In most cases, it is within 2 weeks of the end of your course. We also don’t guarantee the driving test in your hometown. You MUST give 3 choices when booking your driving course. We reserve the right to give you an appointment within a reasonable distance of 1 hour by car.
6. Deposit Refunds: PLease NOTE: All deposits are refundable up to 7 days from point of booking an intensive course. However – any test fees are not refundable if they have already been booked. Our charges for booking a theory test is £30 and our charges for a practical test is £85. Once the course has been allocated to the instructor and agreed by the pupil, the driving instructor in question will need 14 days notice if you wish to cancel the course. If 14 days or more notice is NOT given in writing via our email at: email@example.com please be advised that you will be liable for the full course cost, which will be payable to the driving instructor. All driving instructors are self-employed and the intensive driving course sector is a ‘niche’ service which provides a ‘convenient’ service to learner drivers. If driving instructors don’t have sufficient notice, they forfeit a week’s wage. This is why we apply this term and condition.
7. Once a deposit has been received, the pupil has a period of 3 months to complete the course from the date that the pupil has selected on the booking form to begin the course, should we not hear from the pupil for a period of 3 months (e.g if you have lost interest in completing the course) then any remaining deposit is forfeited and test fees lost.
8. If the theory certificate is expiring and the pupil is unable to sit a practical driving test before the expiration of the theory certificate, although the deposit is non-refundable, we will pay for 1 free theory test re-sit to enable you to continue and complete the driving course. This does not apply in cases where only a practical test fee has been paid.
9. Once the course hours have been organised into the driving instructors diary, If a pupil then cancels a driving day and it is less than 1 full clear week from the lesson due date, then those lessons will be forfeited and time lost. We cannot rearrange a course once you have agreed the times with the driving instructor at short notice.
10. Cancellations If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancels or fails to show , then these lessons will be charged for and payable to the driving instructor at his / her standard hourly rate and as per his/her cancellation policy, with reference 72 hours notice should be given for lessons (courses) of 2-3 hours. If a training day of 3+ hours has been booked in as part of the course, the pupil should give at least 7 days notice to cancel and reschedule the training day. If 7 days notice has NOT been given, the hours booked in will be chargeable. Due to the nature of the driving industry, it is very important that lessons go smoothly. Large gaps in our instructor’s diary means that they don’t earn and get paid and they can’t be held liable for pupils sickness, life commitments, work or college commitments. If in the eventuality a serious accident/ hospitalization has occurred, then this would be at the discretion of the driving instructor as to whether they charge for missed training sessions. Please consult with your driving instructor with their terms and conditions. Otherwise, our terms and conditions are applicable. A sick note from a doctor may be required in exceptonal circumstances.
11. When taking a crash driving course it is not normally possible to drive continuously, therefore, we do include short breaks within your course times. We allow 1/2 an hour for 5 hour training sessions and 1/4 hour for 3 hour training sessions. This will be discussed with you when your driving instructor introduces himself once the course has been allocated.
12. The total time you book with us does NOT include break times, but does include the time to hire the car for the practical test and to drive you home / back to your agreed meeting point at the end of the test.
13. LPOD Academy solely acts as a booking and administrative agent for driving instructors and schools registered with us, who teach intensive and semi-intensive driving courses throughout the UK. We are paid on commission for providing a booking service between pupil and instructor. Your course also includes all of our online content and at-home learning material and our email auto-responder service and all study guides which accumulate administrative costs, which are collectively included in your ‘total course cost’.
14. A ‘successful booking’ is when we allocate an ADI and the customer and pupil agree to begin the driving course. Once 7 days has lapsed and an instructor has agreed to the course and you have accepted, the deposit is non-refundable. However – if we are unable to fulfill our duties and match your course to a driving instructor rest assured you will have a full deposit refund via PayPal. We reserve the right to NEED 14 days to match a student with a driving instructor to complete the booking. If after 14 days has lapsed, and we are unsuccessful in your course booking, please be advised that a full refund will be given.
15. All courses are booked and based on average learning capabilities from past client experience and are a rough guide only. No guarantees can be implied by any advisor or instructor. You should be prepared for extra tuition if it is felt that it is required before you are allowed to safely attend the driving test. In most instances you should contact LPOD Academy to discuss your previous experience, and our trained qualified ADI’s will be advise you on the amount of hours you are likely to need. However – this will never be a conclusive guide as there are too many conflicting variables which could deter an accurate account. Once you meet your driving instructor then a better assesssment will determine how many lessons you need. In most cases it can be correct, but if in doubt we advise booking a two hour assessment lesson to determine which course is best suited for you before making a course booking with LPOD academy.
16. A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test and we have been informed of the theory pass number to be able to book all practical tests.
17. Practical test availability is subject to tests made available by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). All attempts will be made by us to secure a practical test local to the pupil. If no test slots become available for the final day of your course then your driving instructor may save a few hours and return a following week to take your test, once a suitable test slot has been found. Test centres may be closed on weekends and bank holidays. We cannot guarantee a test for any specific day but normally get one at the end of your course week or early the week after if the test centre is fully operational. Please be aware this may require more of your time to complete the driving course at a later date than you originally planned. Most driving tests will be booked to coincide with the last day of training, or within a week of your final training day. However – sometimes due to circumstances out of our control your test may require an extra few days to get an appointment. In such eventuality, you will be informed and your driving instructor will plan a course of action to deal with this scenario. On occasions, the DVSA can cancel driving tests on the day of the test due to weather conditions, strikes and examiner sickness or absence. In such cases – where the driving instructor doesn’t have a weeks notice, you will have your training hours on the day minus 2 hours needed for the test and the drive home. In the event of an examiner strike or sickness, pupils are able to request 2 hours refund by the DVSA. You will have to apply for this yourself via a form that your driving instructor can give you. Please note: if course is starting with less than 2 weeks notice, upon booking and both student and ADI are in agreement – the course is non-refunable. Please NOTE: we reserve the right to postpone a test if a local appointment is not found to coincide with the end of your course. Although we try our hardest to get you an appointment at your first centre, we will try other test centres for your course. Please be advised, that when booking with less than 2 weeks notice, to be flexible as per your course booking. Once a test appointment has been booked, and is with less than 5 days notice, we are unable to change your date and another date will not be available.
18. The contract of the ‘Crash Course / Intensive Course’ is between the pupil and the driving instructor. Any disputes or claims should, therefore, be taken up with the driving instructor firstly and not LPOD Academy LTD. We cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from a pupil, nor can it be held responsible for any traffic violation on the part of the pupil or the driving instructor. LPOD Academy acts as a booking agent and is paid on commission off the driving instructor for successful bookings. However – we want to reassure our customers that we are very strict with whom we work with and will act professionally and efficiently into resolving any disputes with our driving instructors.
19. The deposit (initial part payment) for your the course is payable on booking a course to LPOD Academy LTD, which allows us to book your tests in advance, be paid for searching for your quick driving test and reserve an instructor. The deposit is not the full balance of your driving course. The deposit also covers, your online training schedule and materials to pre-start your learning prior to your course start date.
20. The remaining balance of any course is payable directly to the instructor whom is teaching you. The instructor may request payment several days before the course is due to start to ensure that the pupil is intending to go ahead with the course and will not let the instructor down at the last minute. Payment to the driving instructor can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer to which you will need to liase with them. Any cheques should be cleared prior to the start date to act as a received payment.
Failure be able to pay for the course remaining balance on the first lesson or when requested will result in immediate course cancellation, you will lose the deposit paid. Should you pay the remaining balance to LPOD Academy LTDD then we would only be acting as an intermediary and would transfer the money to the allocated instructor you are paying for the driving course.
21. In the unlikely event that we cannot allocate you an instructor, a full refund of the deposit will be given.
22. In the unlikely event of the instructor’s vehicle breaking down during the course, a refund of the outstanding lesson time and outstanding test fees will be made if an alternative instructor cannot be arranged. Lessons taken will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £30.
23. LPOD ACademy LTD and your driving instructor cannot be held liable for any losses resulting in course cancellation or test cancellation due to any of the following reasons – driving course or driving test cancellation due to bad weather, for example snow or ice, examiner illness, examiner strike, instructor illness, vehicle breakdown & sudden product recall on vehicles. Where possible your instructor will arrange another date to finish the course off in the event of any of the above scenarios. We also ask all pupils NOT to book time off work or to arrange childcare until the course booking has been confirmed. In the event of the course not going ahead on the agreed date, LPOD Academy will NOT be liable for any lost wages, childcare fees or other financial associated commitments.
24. Please do not make any travel or accommodation arrangements if you are not taking the course with a pick up from home. Please do not book time off work until you have spoken to your appointed instructor and discussed and confirmed your schedule, all bookings are a provisional start date until confirmed with your driving instructor. Should an instructor be unavailable for your desired start week, we would automatically search for a start the following week until the course is allocated.
1. All courses are undertaken with a DVSA registered self employed instructor are on an individual basis.
2. We do not offer shared courses e.g. 2 pupils in the car.
3. No guarantee can be made of test availability, especially if your theory certificate is about to expire (it is valid for 2 years). In the event that a test cannot be booked for the end of the course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to the pupil and instructor. No refunds of any monies are applicable in this case. Also, if the DVSA cancels a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible / liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost, you may need to purchase additional lessons to retake the test. You may be able to claim reimbursement of some lesson time off the DVSA in certain circumstances.
4. Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupil’s standard of driving falls below the expected standard, then for the health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No refund of either the deposit or any lesson time will be made in these circumstances.
5. All our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency and come as standard with a CRB certificate and abide by the DVSA’s code of conduct. All instructors follow CPD rules which are licensing compliant obligations.
6. The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer that covers tuition of learner drivers and practical tests. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor at any time. LPOD Academy cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury claims in the event of a car accident. Any such claims should be taken up with your driving instructor and their car insurance.
7. All special offers and course / lesson prices are subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the company LPOD Academy LTD.
8. If a gift voucher is supplied by LPOD Academy LTD then the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are to be used by the person, or persons named on the voucher and are non-transferable.
9. If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 1 month if you have to reschedule some of the hours, at the instructor’s discretion. After this time, the lessons and test fees will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
10. When a pupil is successful and passes their practical driving test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the driving instructor. The calculation of any refund will be based on the hours utilised being charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
1. You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements; you can read a number plate from a distance of 20.5m or 67ft.
2. You satisfy the DSVA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
3. You fill out the booking form correctly so that we can carry out our administration duties.
4. You make us aware before booking of any health issues either mental or physical which may affect your ability to perform as expected on an intensive driving course.
5. You agree the full course hours and make a note of the hours that have been agreed with the driving instructor (minus the final few hours if we need to save some for a driving test to be arranged) on the initial phone call with the instructor. If these are not satisfactory please call us at this point so that we can arrange an alternative instructor or discuss alternatives. If we are notified at the office, once the course has begun that you cannot do certain times and dates, or the instructor cannot complete the course with you in a certain time scale, then we are powerless to try to move the course to another local instructor.
6. You agree to book time off work or make travel or accommodation arrangements only once the hours have been agreed in full with an instructor who has called you and confirmed a detailed lesson schedule.
7. You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving school/instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson. The instructor will wait for a short period of time for a pupil at the agreed meeting point, if you are not in the car at the meeting time, and haven’t made contact with your instructor, we will assume the lesson has been terminated with you and move on to another lesson. The instructor is under no obligation to add this time on at the end of the course and the time will be forfeited.
8. You attend the theory test and practical test on time and take both parts of a valid provisional driving license with you when you attend. Theory test booking confirmations will be sent via email to the email address you provide for us on your booking form. Failure to attend will result in loss of the test fee and you will have to pay for the next one.
9. You email us, call us or text us with your theory pass number as soon as you pass it, so that we can book a practical test on the same day and begin the process of finding you a driving test cancellation.
10. You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs or prescribed medication that could affect your ability to drive safe and legally at any time during your course. If we, or a representative of LPOD Academy, suspect or detect any sign of this, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid, both the deposit and any lesson fees paid to your driving instructor.
11. A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be forfeited in such an event.
12. You supply on the first lesson a signed provisional driving licence. If you fail to produce a valid provisional driving licence, the driving school / instructor cannot by law permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be cancelled and any fees forfeited.
13. The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
1. LPOD Academy is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully – in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998
2. Any personal information which we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law, and will not be sold or passed on to a third party.
Questions about the terms & conditions:
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions outlined in this document please contact us before booking.
Please read the following in italic if you are taking a theory test during your driving course.
Additional terms and conditions from the DVSA website for your theory test bookings (if required).
You must bring the following with you to your test:
your valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) photocard licence – the photocard must be presented
or, your old style valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) paper driving licence and valid passport; (holders of non-UK passports should check that they are eligible to take a driving test here)
It is a legal requirement to produce your licence and photographic evidence. If you do not bring these items with you, or you are late for your test, you will not be allowed to sit your test and you will lose your fee.
If you need to reschedule your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to reschedule a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday.
If you need to cancel your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to cancel a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday.
Please turn up at the test centre 15 minutes before your appointment is due, so that you can check in.
All test centres are audio and visually monitored for quality and security purposes.
Personal Items are NOT allowed into a testing room and must be placed in a locker. Personal items include, but are not limited to: mobile phones, ear pieces/ear phones, laptops/hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) and other electronic devices, pagers, handbags, purses, wallets, hats, bags, coats, books, revision notes, dictionaries, note paper, pens, watches, food and drink.
If you are found with any of the above prohibited items in the testing room, your test will be stopped, you will be asked to leave the premises and will lose your test fee.
Issues / Refunds / Complaints policy
We take any complaint against the service seriously as we aim to provide excellent service throughout. If you feel we have let you down or you feel the need to cancel the course please click the link below to request a refund or lodge a complaint. We have to investigate all matters so please provide as much information as possible. We aim to investigate all matters as quickly as possible so will respond within 7 days, simple matters should be resolved within 48/72 hours.